new Dax Titan 4-stroke

T

thatsdax

I am running the new DAX Titan 50cc 4 stroke. IT is a Fantastic 4 Stroke. It is state of the art. Super Quite, Super Smooth, And Super Fast ! I hit 41.7 mph yesterday with a 36T. I have almost 1000 miles on it. My valve cover gasket was leaking but I did the valve adjustment and replaced the gasket and now it is tight. Engine weighs only 12 lbs or so. Auto Clutch is wet with 10 T power take off. This set up is compact and super reliable. Runs cool since it it wet clutch. There is no other Engine Carrier like this one. This Engine carrier puts carb to the front and Exhaust to the rear. This is a superior set up for sure. Allows you to keep your right hand on throttle while pulling with your left. This is the ideal set up. Drive is chain and mounts using standard rear sprockets same as for the 2 strokes since the drive is on the left side. Carrier mounts in such a way that the bike can have solid or quick release axle for the rear. Currently still testing this new setup. I would like to have 2000 miles on this setup to make sure reliability is good. So far at almost 1000 miles, no problems at all, except the minor oil leak. Factory over torqued the valve cover and squished the gasket out. As soon as I get close to 2,000 miles, and all is well, then I will sell this special 4 stroke with unique carry system. Parts come from USA, Japan, Asia, and Europe. Most parts are from USA and is assembled here in USA. The Carrier system is all USA. Made in USA !!! This is a very exciting break through in small engine power with carrier system. This system is so new and great that it is certified by US Copy Right Office and Patent Pending. There is no other system quite like this one. I am loving it and at almost 1000 miles now I look forward to racking up a ton more. At the Current rate of progress and testing, I am confident this system will be offered for sale in the next 5 to 6 weeks. Not sure of the price yet. I am Guessing somewhere between 300-400usd. If I can get enough of them built, I am hoping the price will be lower towards 300usd. We shall see. This is very very exciting !!! I am loving this new 4 stroke !!!! Wow !!! Enjoy the ride !!!!

Hey dax, thanks for the reply. 41.7 is a pretty impressive result. is your gearbox 1 speed, did you engineer it? Is the power plant a DAX built motor? Do you own the thatsdax retail website?

It is a company website

Yes sir. I did the website . It is straight forward and to the point web site. nothing fancy. It was important to provide product as well as support to products sold on a web site. It is form that follows function. I am more into providing a quality product and support than anything else. I love testing and finding new and exciting things that go on wheels !! I am CEO and VP as well as lead engineer here at Dax. I have been at this company for 18 years now. CEO and VP for around 10 years. I do most of the testing of all new products. Company perk . I get to do all the testing. O yes. Since I love what I do.. Not sure if I can call it work... I have been testing and selling engines and such of all kinds since the 1970's. I guess that is dating myself now.. oh no.. anyway.. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy making my customers happy. Making my customers happy is Job 1. Enjoy the ride..

o yea...

Yes.. It is single speed. I did not engineer the Auto clutch. I can tell you this. It is a new design and is very good. I did design and Engineer the Engine carrier around this new motor and super compact Auto Clutch with 10T PTO. Right now, I am having my Team of Mechanical Engineers CAD up the Carrier so we can test it using both steel and Alloys for testing and then production runs. It is interesting how Mechanical engineers are drooling over my Carrier and Power transfer design. The Smile they have on their faces after riding the bike.. They say.. wow!! That is fast and smooth.I can not get them off my bike !! When I do,, I take off on it and do not come back for hours....... They know I am an Electronics Engineer and they are impressed with the simplicity of the design and the efficiency of the power transfer. Keep in mind I was a Power engineer building both Engines and Generators to PTO units for many many years. Long before I procured my Engineering Degree at Metro State Denver. I guess I did things backwards and the hard way. Same way I learned to fly Gliders. I guess I am a little thick headed.. o well.. I am rambling on again. Forgive me.. Enjoy the ride....

Thanks Dax for the encouraging news on a possible reliable 4 stroke alternative! I will be looking forward to updates and yes pricing. Can you report on the fuel economy on that 4 stroke equipped bike?

Kep1a

DAX Titan Prototype Pictures

Duane:

I would like to see some pictures of your DAX 4 stroke Titan prototype if possible.

Dr. J.

:cool:I'm glad i held off buying the new 4-stroke units. if Dax works out all the bugs, i will seriously consider buying a Titan.

Dax, what is the Engine Carrier?

Myron

Last edited by a moderator:
Dax, VERRRY COOL! Thank you for your vision, work ethic and business model....you rock th' house, homey! I, too was planning on two more bikes with 4-stroke power.... but, the feedback about th' engineering and over all poor quality of th' kits was'nt very encouraging. Keep up th' good work, and please send pictures!

alrighty-then, duane...great news :)

i moved this set of posts into a "parts" topic...let's have no more public talk of prices, please, go to the dax site to conduct business...but please keep us posted on performance details & availability, dax.

New 50cc Dax Titan Cross Country Yes !!!

Ok.. I am doing a review of this new engine and Carrier system. There is no Doubt I will be selling them. Currently the Engines and Auto Clutches are being manufactured. The Auto Clutches are what will take the longest to manufacture. These Auto Clutches are super compact and are operated wet, and are silent.

The Dax Titan XC 50 coupled with the Auto clutch wet only weighs in at 12lbs. No kidding !! This is super light for a 4 stroke and wet clutch. this is Super light for any 50cc engine. These wet clutches are new and state of the art. Twist and go operation. Since it is wet bathed, there is no way to abuse it. Currently I have been riding mine 40-70 miles a day. I have gone 56 miles so far today. I went to Golden and back a total of 32 miles on that trip alone. Flawless run. Superb !! This new 50cc, 48cc to be exact, now has a little over 1000 miles on it. I am hoping to top 2,000 in the next 2 weeks . I will have to step it up a little. It will be close. So far the only problems I have had were a valve cover gasket leak, and Threw my chain once when I let it get too lose and swung a corner. I just let it dangle and pedaled home. That has been it. Changed my oil twice, checked valve adjustment once. I may check it again soon. No flats, or anything yet.!! Awesome !!! I really love this 4 stroke and I am excited for sure !!! Like a child at christmas !!! The bike I am using is a Cheapie from Walmart. It is the Next Avalon with front and rear suspension. For a cheapie bike, it is good for sure. Good brakes. Fair suspension. Good enough anyway. The front does bottom out sometimes and I can not find a adjustment to up the spring rate. O well. Does the trick. Hubs and bearings are good too. No clicking, no broken spokes, no bent wheels, I thought I had bent one today. But.. Just bottomed out the forks again. That is all. I can not say enough about this combination of motor config and the bike. Excellent combination for price !!! I will post this as a super combination on my web site.

To sum it up. This engine is superb !!! Engine carrier design is a first !! There is no engine carrier like this one. Period !! It allows the motor to be mounted so that CG is perfect over rear wheel. This Carrier also allows the engine config to be such that the pull is on the left, throttle on the right, optimum for riding and then starting !!! also.. It puts the carb to the front and exhaust to the rear and pointed directly to the rear!! Awesome !! The motor is super quite and with this configuration, you can barely hear it at times.. No kidding. Super quite , super smooth, and super fast !! I have a 36T and this allows perfect loading at speed. I can run at 35 to 36 mph on the flats and the engine just purrs... I have hit 41.7mph but I have to admit that was on a decline wide open. I do not recommend such high speeds . but..I did it. The engine has enough torque to run a smaller sprocket, 34T or 32T. That might put you over 40mph. But.. I am in Colorado around 9000 feet and some big hills to climb so I will stick with the 36T. If I were to pull a trailer, I would stay with the 44T. anyway. I am rambling on. The Engine Carriers are engineered , designed, and manufactured in USA. Engine and Clutch are made in USA with parts from Asia. Engine Carrier alloy and steel is from? I do not know.. I will have to ask. Probably Japan or Asia Major. Not sure. I will ask. but..for the most part, Made in USA is the theme . Also what is Exciting is that once this is all complete and for sale. It will be very very affordable. I may offer Pre sales pricing to the first 10 or 20 Customers. They will get Discount pricing so that I can get 10 or 20 on the road and get more feed back !! I will have a love it or get your money back Guarantee !!! So.. Stand by !!! If anyone is interested in pre Sales purchasing. Let me know. I will get you on the list. This is my Guarantee !! You will love it or your money back !!! that is how sure I am of this new 4 stoke Titan XC 50 !! In one word.... Awesome !!!! I will have pics of the bike with carrier soon. By the end of next week. !!! Enjoy the ride......... O yes !!!!

Back