New engine can’t even get to 10mph

newuser3466

Local time
3:36 PM
I got a new engine 100cc 2 stroke motor on my bike and it idles fine but when I try to run it, throttle just makes it slow down and literally kills the motor.
It only runs a little not even 10mph with the choke up and if I move the choke even a little bit down it starts bogging and dies. I’m running 25:1 with unleaded and castrol 2T oil. Also no smoke comes out the exhaust at all. Can someone please help want to go on a ride tommorow to help break in the motor

I got a new engine 100cc 2 stroke motor on my bike and it idles fine but when I try to run it, throttle just makes it slow down and literally kills the motor.
It only runs a little not even 10mph with the choke up and if I move the choke even a little bit down it starts bogging and dies. I’m running 25:1 with unleaded and castrol 2T oil. Also no smoke comes out the exhaust at all. Can someone please help want to go on a ride tommorow to help break in the motor
Anyone got any idea on what could be wrong

Pictures of the bike and motor setup are always a good idea as we can sometimes spot mistakes or issues that may not be obvious to others.

Don't hyper focus on the carb either. Ignition and compression are both very important to a running engine, and both can be problematic - especially on the ignition side of things. Make sure the magneto isn't loose on the shaft and if you haven't replaced the spark plug it came with, go to the local parts store an NGK 3922 (aka BR6HS).

Vacuum leaks and case seal/gasket leaks can also cause problems.

Pictures of the bike and motor setup are always a good idea as we can sometimes spot mistakes or issues that may not be obvious to others.

Don't hyper focus on the carb either. Ignition and compression are both very important to a running engine, and both can be problematic - especially on the ignition side of things. Make sure the magneto isn't loose on the shaft and if you haven't replaced the spark plug it came with, go to the local parts store an NGK 3922 (aka BR6HS).

Vacuum leaks and case seal/gasket leaks can also cause problems.
I don’t think it’s compression because it idles fine but when I go to ride it it bogs and cuts out.

First thing I do if a engine is a 1 banger is check compression takes a few minutes back when I still worked on cars if it was a 8 banger I'd be to last to check compression on 8 bangers I'd check vacummn

Back