New engine kit?

Charles Laypool

Local time
10:35 AM
I came across this today

Electric start 66cc 2 stroke kit engine looks like a chainsaw motor mixed with a china girl and the mounts are promising double studs front and back
Whos gunna try it first

http://www.bikeberry.com/66-80cc-bullet-train-electric-start-engine-kit-silver.html
bt-kit-draft_1.jpg

We were actually talking about that with KCvale in another forum the other day... He couldn't tell us a price since he is a dealer.... Now we know:D
Not bad for what I was expecting

Looks pretty cool: centrifugal clutch; electric start, 4 studs for support. Very good to see people bringing theorized improvements to life. Very wide so the crank issue will have to be addressed. Very nice!

It's supposed to have 2x the power as a stock HT but it's harder to make more power because it doesn't have a head....
The head and cylinder are one piece

I can see this thing gaining popularity pretty quick if not just for the fact that it is something new. After a while I'm assuming it will be more readily available and down the line a ways more people will be driving around with it on their bike. I might be one of those people but not in the near future. Now it's kinda like..Do I build a 4 stroke or try one of those fancy new 2 strokes? I am currently building a Skyhawk frame and motor but When time comes for the next project, I think it will be a 4 stroke.

Thanks to KCvale for giving us the first look and keeping us in the "know"

Do people have so much problem starting these little motors? To me the weight of all you need for a electric stater set up is just not worth it. Weight is HP! Guess I am from the old school as I have always kick started my motorcycles and never had a problem starting them for 40 plus years. Yes my bike now has a electric stater as that is the only way you can get them now. But there are people out there that can miss up a anvil with a rubber hammer.

Do people have so much problem starting these little motors? To me the weight of all you need for a electric stater set up is just not worth it. Weight is HP! Guess I am from the old school as I have always kick started my motorcycles and never had a problem starting them for 40 plus years. Yes my bike now has a electric stater as that is the only way you can get them now. But there are people out there that can miss up a anvil with a rubber hammer.
True but the engine also puts out double the power so in the end its probly the same as a standard china girl
All i know is it has its own 12v power source
I ride gopeds and alot of them have electric systems similar to this new engine and they were just as fast as a stock motorized bicycle but 100x more reliable
So im sold on the idea cant wait to get my hands on a few

Back