New Engine mounting system

syphonza

Local time
8:03 PM
After a 24 months of painful and very expensive development (made lots of mistakes but that's how we learnt) I think I have finally managed to develop bicycle engine mount system that:

Uses a brush cutter engine.
Drives through the wheels sprocket mount
Will fit any bike
Is easily repaired
Weighs about 8kg
Is almost un breakable (I say almost as in my experience one should never underestimate the power of stupidity:)
Will ship to the states for $400 That is complete kit via DHL with out engine includes throttle and kill switch assembly

Any advice on how to bring it to market in the US?

Thanks

After a 24 months of painful and very expensive development (made lots of mistakes but that's how we learnt) I think I have finally managed to develop bicycle engine mount system that:

Uses a brush cutter engine.
Drives through the wheels sprocket mount
Will fit any bike
Is easily repaired
Weighs about 8kg
Is almost un breakable (I say almost as in my experience one should never underestimate the power of stupidity:)
Will ship to the states for $400 That is complete kit via DHL with out engine includes throttle and kill switch assembly

Any advice on how to bring it to market in the US?

Thanks
I for one, am VERY interested, can you please give a bit more info?
Is it chain, or belt drive?
Is the engine rack, frame, or axle mount?
Would it be possible for you to send one to ths states for a beta-test?
Are there any pictures?

If its a patentable design, thats the first thing you'd want to do. You will need to decide if you want to sell it as a kit or as a completed bike. If you are not a master fabricator you might want one to review your design for possible improvements before you patent it and bring it to market.

Yes it is and yes it has been!

It is chain drive, rack mount though this does not really describe it accurately and if you wan to buy one then I would gladly ship it to the states. Pictures will follow shortly so you can think from there

Mount was developed in conjunction with 4 engineers most of who come from motor or motor cycle racing back grounds.

My current bike is set up similarly to that design format. Its a rear mount and powers through a 18.75 to 1 torque converter and then powers the pedal axle which has a freewheel in it which then uses the bikes 21 speed transmission. The engine uses a centrifugal clutch.

I'm really old with a bad hip, never seen a rack mount that I could get my leg over to get on the thing : (

I'm also too old to whoop all the people that will laugh at me on a girl's bike : (

crassius there is a difference between a girls bike and a step through and it's the way te top bar angles down tube and crew what they say. first pic is a girls bike the other two are step through bikes girls bike.jpgstepthrough.jpgimages.jpg