New engine or fixing old one

Carlos motors

Local time
3:26 PM
My brother tool my mb while I was on college and due to his lack of knowledge in anything basicly he filled the tank with pure gasoline without oil. I know I need new cylinder and piston but I am thinking about getting new engine. This one has around 2 years although it wasnt driven but once a week. AF80 was written on a cranck so maybe somebod could tell me is it worth something or just some regular chinagirl. What do you think should I buy something like zeda, some other "quality" brand or just replace this parts. I forgot to mention that I plan on goind on a big trip this summer so that is also a big factor.
Thanks for any response, love this comunnity. Greetings from Croatia!

If it was not oiled the crank is also toast. For the cost of a complete motor vs your time and effort I would just get a whole new motor.

Attachments

• 20200318_165221.jpg
    20200318_165221.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200318_165238.jpg
    20200318_165238.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20200318_165322.jpg
    20200318_165322.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 234
Looks like a sleeve cylinder, too bad. The parts alone to fix would be more than a new one.

If you want to repair it you will need to get a new piston It looks like a type A, rings, and maybe a new cylinder, or maybe not, are their nicks or damage to it? I can't really see in the picture. Does the crank still move? If so, you could probably get it going for $10-$30.

If you want to repair it you will need to get a new piston It looks like a type A, rings, and maybe a new cylinder, or maybe not, are their nicks or damage to it? I can't really see in the picture. Does the crank still move? If so, you could probably get it going for $10-$30.
Yeah crank rotates normaly and everything but cylinder is bad. Im thinking about buying zeda 80 triple 40. But on the other side like you said I can just buy all upper parts. One question. Are engines like zeda and mine chinagirl same except this one has ported cylinder or there are some other differences?

Most of the cylinders are just hard chromed aluminum. Your cylinder looks to be sleeved. Got a picture of the bottom of the jug? If the crank moves freely then fill it with oil (half way up the crank) and work it for a couple days to clean out the case and give the bearings a little lube. If you hone the cylinder it might be just fine, can't really tell from your picture. All you'd need is piston, rings and new clips.
Can you feel any deep scratches inside that jug?

Most of the cylinders are just hard chromed aluminum. Your cylinder looks to be sleeved. Got a picture of the bottom of the jug? If the crank moves freely then fill it with oil (half way up the crank) and work it for a couple days to clean out the case and give the bearings a little lube. If you hone the cylinder it might be just fine, can't really tell from your picture. All you'd need is piston, rings and new clips.
Can you feel any deep scratches inside that jug?
Yeah I can feel scratches inside the cylinder so new cylinder is a must. But I'm still thinking should I buy new engine because of that 1000km trip I will do this summer. Do you think those zeda motors, that are apparently ported and have balanced cranks, realy make that much of a difference on china girl?

Back