New engine Syndrome

INTP_ty

Local time
11:47 PM
I’m all anxious

2nd build (brand new motor) & it’s slow. It’s on its 2nd tank. My first eBay crapshoot kit registered 35 who’s miles who’s hours on a do-not-motorized-700c Roadbike.

I can hit like 23mph tops!

When’s the cherry on this thing gonna pop!

Still running 32:1 btw

Some are just slower than others. I bought two of the same engines at the same time and had about 15mph difference between the two before port work.

The thing probably has an air leak and some other problems now too, if it dies soon don't be surprised.

How does the new one look on the plug? Perhaps it's a bit rich and you need to adjust a bit. Are the wheels the same size between the 2 bikes?

D535380A-08DF-43CB-A1D3-AE3E091C1A34.jpeg
The thing probably has an air leak and some other problems now too, if it dies soon don't be surprised.

How does the new one look on the plug? Perhaps it's a bit rich and you need to adjust a bit. Are the wheels the same size between the 2 bikes?

Same bike as before. Stock plug was pretty black. I swapped it for an NGK #6. Looks fine ~40 mi

Idles fine

Does your float float? Did you test the valve itself and use it to stop fuel from pouring gas through? Maybe the tongs need repositioning.

Did you take the plug out and ride around a pony a bit till it was clear yet?

I’ll remove the white plastic float & throw it in a Tupperware container full of water to see if it does indeed float.

Valve is good. & so is the PETCOCK* in-line filter.

I assume you mean needle tongs?

I don’t understand that last part.

I’ll remove the white plastic float & throw it in a Tupperware container full of water to see if it does indeed float.

Valve is good. & so is the PETCOCK* in-line filter.

I assume you mean needle tongs?

I don’t understand that last part.
The little arms in the carb the raise or lower the level of fuel, if you pull them down towards the ground they lower the amount of gas in the bowl the valve let's in.

Pedal clear it first before anything..

I also have the same issue, motor only hits 22-23 MPH.

Generic eBay kit, 44T sproket, my compression is 90-95 PSI.

I have not looked into the carb float being an issue... please update me OP I'm curious!

Back