Break In New engine. wont start. Hard to pedal.

Piston bolt snapped off. So I'm trying to use the parts from the old engine to fix this one. But if I have to do a complete year down then I'll just return it and get another one.

Do you think I could take the part of the engine (red) off and put on my other engine part (blue)? Because the only thing wrong with my other engine was a snapped bolt.

Attachments

• 20191118_133018.jpg
    20191118_133018.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2019-11-18-13-43-14.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-13-43-14.png
    748.8 KB · Views: 106
When you say “snapped bolt” are you saying that a head stud broke? If so you will have to replace it, either with one from the new engine or order one. That’s the only bolt I can think of.

Do you think I could take the part of the engine (red) off and put on my other engine part (blue)? Because the only thing wrong with my other engine was a snapped bolt.
by piston bolt do you mean the 4 bolts that hold the cylinder?
or the wrist pin?

you could swap top ends but make sure the stroke is the same (ie 38mm to 38mm)
other than that it should be a easy swap.

by piston bolt do you mean the 4 bolts that hold the cylinder?
or the wrist pin?

you could swap top ends but make sure the stroke is the same (ie 38mm to 38mm)
other than that it should be a easy swap.
I was typing the same thing, you beat me to it!

As Mark said be sure to compare the pistons to make sure they are the same, don’t use the old piston with the new cylinder, use all the upper parts together. Used rings in a new cylinder may not seat, the piston could possibly be used but you got it so you might as well use it.

One of the four piston bolts snapped so I had to drill it out which damaged the threading so I will have to replace the piston housing also

Take a picture of what you are calling a “piston bolt”, then someone will have advice.

It sound like you're talking about the exhaust studs or bolts, if so take the cylinder to a local shop and maybe they can re-thread it. Then you'll have something to run while you sort out the new engine problems.

Back