new engine wont start (wiring problems?)

masterx1234

Local time
1:53 PM
i just got my new bgf kit on my bike but the darn thing wont turn over and start, and the gas is defiantly going into the engine, there are three wires coming out the engine blue, white, black, and the coil has two colored black, blue, so i connected the same colors up as the engine has, my question is is this right?

Forget about the white wire for now, forget about the kill switch for now, and try the following:

1. Cut the crimps off the wires, splice and directly connect black on black, blue on blue and insulate them.make the end of the white wire is cover to. Tuck it away somewhere.
2. Throw away the china spark plug and get a NGK BP6HS, or whatever else others may suggest.
3. At the same time, get a NGK Plug Cap
4. Try to find better quality copper plug lead.
Put it all nicley together and try to fire it up.

i finally got it to start up, but seems to only want to run on full choke and whenever i rev it up it dies, my question is wheres the fuel/air screw on this thing?

Probably air leaks at the carby end. Usually where the clamp is. Needs to be sealed
Take clamp off and seal up the slots with high temp/oil resistant plumbers thread tape.
And seal that up with hard setting aviation gasket sealant.

Last edited:
Try this.....take off the crappy china screws, replace them with USA grade 5 screws, replace the crappy chinese coil, replace with a USA coil, remove the chinese head and replace with a USA one, remove the chinese clutch and replace with a USA one, Remove the crappy chinese twist grip and replace with a USA one, remove the sub par chinese cylinder and replace with a USA head, remove the poopy chinese piston and replace with a USA one, remove the na na chinese spark plug and replace with a USA one, remove the Chinese carby and replace with a USA one, remove the chines leaky gas tank and replace with a USA one, remove your chinese head and replace with a USA one and finally remove your chinese money and replace it with USA.

You can thank me by sending me an engine....preferrably Japanese. hahahahahahhhaha

Try this.....take off the crappy china screws, replace them with USA grade 5 screws, replace the crappy chinese coil, replace with a USA coil, remove the chinese head and replace with a USA one, remove the chinese clutch and replace with a USA one, Remove the crappy chinese twist grip and replace with a USA one, remove the sub par chinese cylinder and replace with a USA head, remove the poopy chinese piston and replace with a USA one, remove the na na chinese spark plug and replace with a USA one, remove the Chinese carby and replace with a USA one, remove the chines leaky gas tank and replace with a USA one, remove your chinese head and replace with a USA one and finally remove your chinese money and replace it with USA.

You can thank me by sending me an engine....preferrably Japanese. hahahahahahhhaha

The man had a problem, so you can't help but go off the deep end. Shame we have members like you.

What a D.S.

never mind guys, just found out the seller (boygofast) didnt even put a head gasket on this thing, oil/gas is now leaking all over the engine, but luckily i had some leftover gasket material

I'm glad that the solution was a simple one... Since my engine I got last year came with two gaskets, maybe I got yours... :)

but seriously, it's just an example that the quality control at these factories is not the highest... I know BGF has a less than stellar reputation here, but it's not necessarily their fault that it was missing the gasket.

Heck, I thought this post was quite appropriate...

Back