New engine won’t start!!!

Cruze40

Local time
11:22 PM
Hi Im new here and to motorised bike all together, I’m so excited to get my bike running but it won’t start.. bought it new off amazon it’s a 80cc 2 stroke China engine. assembled it easy and was ready to try getting it going but nothing.. I’ve read and watched so much stuff now trying to figure out what the problem is but I just dunno. the Three main things seem fine which is why it’s weird (compression, spark, fuel).
When the clutch it’s off it’s hard to turn the back wheel because of the compression, the fuel is going in and I think the carb is all good. After trying to get it started for a while taking the plug out there is gas In the cylinder and on the plug. Spark is blue in the dark when pushing it along so I don’t know what is up with it.. I have replaced the spark plug with another one that also works due to reading that the cheap plugs sometimes don’t fire under compression but nope still won’t start. Could my spark still be too weak even if I can feel and see it in the dark? I also used 16:1 fuel ratio is that too high? Any other ideas as to what it could be? Apparently the first start is the hardest should I be really going for it for ages? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you
Ps all stock parts

I know most of the mb websites like bikeberry say to use a 16:1 oil to gas ratio, personally I used a 20:1 to break mine in and a 40:1 after burning a couple of gallons of 20:1

Engine runs great, I pulled the exhaust off to look at the Piston and it looked like there were no signs of any gouging.

If you are running the stock nt carb, they generally run best with the c clip on one of the top 2 settings.

If I'm not mistaken, there are a couple of threads on here that go into more detail on the nt carbs.

Thank you so much both of you I managed to get it working today on the first try! Emptied the tank last night and added more fuel to the mixture and cleaned out the carb. I also soldered the cdi and mag wires replacing the cheap connectors. Cycled up a hill near me and down pretty fast and it started!! Cheers dudes thought it wasn’t gunna start

Back