New engine - YD 100 - doesn’t like hills or going full

Hi Chainlube,

That really depends on where he may have already positioned it already...I have seen where some people have it at bottom or 1 off from the bottom of needle, thinking they were leaning it our...lol...DAMIEN

lol that was me, yup!

Hi Chainlube,

That really depends on where he may have already positioned it already...I have seen where some people have it at bottom or 1 off from the bottom of needle, thinking they were leaning it our...lol...DAMIEN
He has to play with it to get it right, baby steps always work for me.

Running really lean makes power but not good for the motor, so it's best to go one notch at a time.

The pipe did a little bit on acceleration on my China girl, not much for my overall speed. Which is fine, it’s actually quieter than the stock exhaust. Is there a muffler out there that you might recommend for better performance? Many of which I find say they do a lot, but come to find they’re just as you said, fancy.

currently I actually moved the needle down one thinking that would fix it, so I probably made it worse with that, it’s 1 notch above the lowest setting. I’ll raise it up to 1 notch above half (where it was originally and had issues at full throttle) and see what happens there. Also no altitude stuff lol I’m in Wisconsin.
How's your welding skills? These pipes work great, give great hill climbing performance and are quiet. But, they have to be fitted to our kind of bikes.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back