New expansion chamber and high performance carb.

sonic883

Local time
6:13 AM
ordered my first two upgrades on my 2 stroke 80cc bike. I bought a expansion chamber for about 80 bucks on ebay, its a mz65 clone, its not one of the cheap banana pipes which are apparently the same as the stock muffler. and a performance racing carb, along with a cdi but that was because the other one broke. Will the pipe and the carb go good together ? just waiting on them....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.59.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.59.47 pm.png
    378.8 KB · Views: 185
just one of those "high performance" carbs with the fancy air filter, looks decent.

ahh, the crappy runtong. lol. its made for a 4 stroke, but you can mod it to make it work better for our engines. I was hoping you had a bofeng or something like tht, they work good.

I am going to put my old nt carb jet in it. High performance carb apparently runs way too rich.

It's the emulsion tube and slide tht is the problem. Most 2 strokes have a needle carb to meter fuel. You can ad an extra hole to the bottom side to help get the fuel to meter a little better. I had one, It's either right on the money up top and lean down low, or on the money down low and rich on top. The extra hole will help, and then you need to do a slide mode to help increase the fuel draw from the tube. You have to file your slide in the front on the bottom into a v shape. with the middle of the v ( think of a v, you stepped on, not really a v, more like a pencil flock of geese shape in the sky) needs to be aligned with the tube, and you have to figure out how far to go with the filing, each engine will respond differently.

If you can fab a little, I recommend chainsaw carbs.

Back