New expansion chamber and high performance carb.

lol, now we have a stock 70, a stock 65, two stock 78's, lol. I don't think RT carbs have a standard jet they come with. lol
Well, I haven't gotten one of those carbs in a while but the #70 is the stock jet for those carbs. I have yet to find one that is sold with anything but a #70 installed. Some of them come with extra jets but the one installed used to always be a #70.

Well, I haven't gotten one of those carbs in a while but the #70 is the stock jet for those carbs. I have yet to find one that is sold with anything but a #70 installed. Some of them come with extra jets but the one installed used to always be a #70.
I posted this on another thread but I’ll post here because people are active

I broke my piston rings the other day, and the news arrived just this morning. I put them on correctly, slid on the cylinder, the piston gets stuck at tdc. it’s so weird, if i loosen the top head bolts, it works fine, as soon as I add compression it just gets stuck. When it gets stuck if I keep trying to move it it won’t go at all, if I roll the bike back and push it with some momentum, it the piston moves up and down really quickly. But still with a clinging noise.

I have a 2 stroke 80cc engine.

I broke my piston rings the other day, and the new ones arrived just this morning. I put them on correctly, slid on the cylinder, the piston gets stuck at tdc. it’s so weird, if i loosen the top head bolts, it works fine, as soon as I add compression it just gets stuck. When it gets stuck if I keep trying to move it it won’t go at all, if I roll the bike back and push it with some momentum, it the piston moves up and down really quickly. But still with a clinging noise.

I broke my piston rings the other day, and the news arrived just this morning. I put them on correctly, slid on the cylinder, the piston gets stuck at tdc. it’s so weird, if i loosen the top head bolts, it works fine, as soon as I add compression it just gets stuck. When it gets stuck if I keep trying to move it it won’t go at all, if I roll the bike back and push it with some momentum, it the piston moves up and down really quickly. But still with a clinging noise.

What do you mean the piston "get's stuck"? Are you saying that with the clutch engaged (clutch handle released) that the piston stops and hits the head when you move the bike? Are you certain you have the base gasket on at the bottom of the cylinder? Are you using a head gasket? Maybe you should put 2 base gaskets on.

What do you mean the piston "get's stuck"? Are you saying that with the clutch engaged (clutch handle released) that the piston stops and hits the head when you move the bike? Are you certain you have the base gasket on at the bottom of the cylinder? Are you using a head gasket? Maybe you should put 2 base gaskets
With the clutch out, I turn the back wheel, it rotates, I don’t have my intake on right now, so I can see every time it gets stuck it’s at TDC

I will post lots of photos in 10 minutes

With the clutch out, I turn the back wheel, it rotates, I don’t have my intake on right now, so I can see every time it gets stuck it’s at TDC

I will post lots of photos in 10 minutes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 162
So when your piston gets to Top Dead Center it gets "stuck". Do you mean it stops moving and is stopped by the head? If you remove the head it won't get stuck??

It seems like it’s being stopped. as soon as I loosen the head bolts abit it doesn’t get stuck, but there’s not enough compression with them that loose.

It seems like it’s being stopped. as soon as I loosen the head bolts abit it doesn’t get stuck, but there’s not enough compression with them that loose.
Put an extra base gasket or head gasket if you have them do both and do squish check as mentioned above.

Back