New Frame Chop

1968gtcs

Local time
9:39 AM
Going to cut this frame apart and weld up the holes to seal the tank and weld cap bung and petcock bung.......weld all of it back together along with an engine mount. This is a perfect frame for frame for a motorized bicycle. Going to also put drive side jackshaft conversion on it. I'm going to build fat disc wheels. I'll document my build as I'm doing it.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 253
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 235
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 244
I bought this from a friend that imports stuff from Asia.......he sells just the frames. They cost a pretty penny.

Might I suggest that, rather than cutting it apart to plug the frame tube holes, you instead follow the procedure outlined by a couple of guys who have made frame integral tanks without having to cut the frame apart. Basically, plugging the holes with steel wool, then filling that plug with JB Wels, then epoxy coating the inside of the resulting tank. Some really beautiful bikes have resulted, which apparently stand up to use very well.

I don't consider that a permanent solution.......the vibration and movement of the frame will cause that stuff to crack and start leaking. If not that, the normal expansion and contraction of the steel is different than the epoxy, and will eventually just crack out on its own. Its best to do things the right way the first time. No sense in doing stuff the cheap way to be SHOWN in the end.

This looks like it will be a sweet machine when it is done. I like that frame allot!

Back