New frame

Redneckcruisersoftexas

Local time
2:34 AM
I have a roadmaster mt fury bicycle it is about 15 years old and shows it’s age should I put the motor from my bike with bent frame on the roadmaster or should I just not waste time and buy a new bike
33D9D6AD-DEEC-4C11-AAD2-D3CFF7EF3294.jpeg
021750EA-9606-4366-88AB-2C71DB4F3E41.jpeg

I've used a few older bikes in the past, if you check over the bike and clean it up, it'll probably make a good M/B.

Have you ever riveted a chain before? I had one like that and I put in a coffee can with some vinegar for a day, pulled it out, washer it off with some brake clean and re-oiled it, turned out great.

Make sure your wheels roll true and put new grease on the bearings, don't forget the crank and head tube bearings.

Are you going to combine those two bikes? Suspension forks are nice, if they're in good shape.

I've used a few older bikes in the past, if you check over the bike and clean it up, it'll probably make a good M/B.

Have you ever riveted a chain before? I had one like that and I put in a coffee can with some vinegar for a day, pulled it out, washer it off with some brake clean and re-oiled it, turned out great.

Make sure your wheels roll true and put new grease on the bearings, don't forget the crank and head tube bearings.

Are you going to combine those two bikes? Suspension forks are nice, if they're in good shape.
I wanted to motorize the yellow one with suspension but the frame isn’t big enough for a motor to fit and it’s a 24 inch so I can’t change the forks I want to do a suspension seat and seat post will that be enough or should I put suspension forks too I ride off-road mostly

I wanted to motorize the yellow one with suspension but the frame isn’t big enough for a motor to fit and it’s a 24 inch so I can’t change the forks I want to do a suspension seat and seat post will that be enough or should I put suspension forks too I ride off-road mostly
Suspension forks are only for creature comfort, not really necessary. I've done a few bikes with standard forks, but they're road going bikes.
Look around your area, maybe find a broken MTB with good forks for $5. Just measure your steer tube, length and diameter, to compare.

Update: the roadmaster didn’t have enough clearance for the engine and one of the mounting studs broke off so I’m problaby going to take a break fr motorized bicycles for a little

Update: the roadmaster didn’t have enough clearance for the engine and one of the mounting studs broke off so I’m problaby going to take a break fr motorized bicycles for a little
I seen the pictures and was going to comment that you wouldn't have enough clearance and then I seen this post. I know the frustration like when something like that happens. You break something that you weren't supposed to break and all you can say to yourself is "are you serious" and it's like getting punched emotionally in the gut looking forward to making it all work and it just doesn't work for you.

If the stud is sticking out of the engine still I would use the two nut method to extract it. Go on eBay and Amazon and compare prices for new studs. I would say go on Amazon because either they're going to be 6mm or 8mm and in case it's the wrong size you will want a smooth return process.

I can post the dimensions later tonight. Maybe with the dimensions I provide you could cut a piece of cardboard out that matches the L x W so if you can grab a used bike for the purpose of putting the engine on it you will know if it will work or not.

Back