New from East Texas

Dirt Road Cowboy

Local time
8:54 AM
Hi everyone!

I just got an early 90's Schwinn Frontier 21 speed mountain bike that I'm going to put a Chinese 80/66cc 2 stroke in.

I need to get a mounting adapter from SBP, so I'll get a few more things while I'm at it, like new hardware, expansion chamber and ???.

I've found a lot of good info here so far, and look forward to learning more about this hobby as I progress.

Thanks for having me here!

Welcome.
Texas must be a cool place to ride. I'll bet theirs roads so long you could just ride for days until you have to make a turn or something.
:bowdown:

Well, DRC, welcome aboard. East Texas is a pretty big parcel of country - where abouts are you located?

For those of you who are not familiar with Texas, they have the single most extensive system of improved state maintained roads and highways of any political entity on Earth. The state FM* roads system is amazing, and there are more miles of limited access high speed divided highway in state than are found in the national interstate system as a whole.

However, East Texas is mostly pretty hilly, so there are not many of the really long, straight roads found in West Texas.

(FM* = Farm to Market roads)

A good friend is a sheriff's deputy there, and two more live in Hawkins. I lived in New London some years back, and got to know that whole area pretty well.

Nearly got run over by a work-over rig on Highway 64 just east of Arp while riding my bike - he literally blew me off the road into the brush. Parked a cargo van in the culvert at the bottom of Lavender Hill on I-20 one night when I hit black ice half way down the slope, eastbound. That was fun - had to pick up my right ear from the crushed dashboard and hold it in my hand while I crawled out.

A big Texas welcome to you from Houston, this place has all the answer you will every need.
Enjoy and welcome to our addiction :)

Howdy! Yes, East TX is like a whole other country. The roads are great, except for the 80mph cagers that run there and the armadillos and deer that get in the way.

Back