New from Iowa

Blue Smoke

Local time
4:38 AM
Hello.

I have made a few motorized bicycles and now I have one. I have helped my friends with theirs, also. The current one I have is a J C Higgins with a Briggs and Stratton 6S from the 1950's. In my shop class at school (I am a sophmore) we get to do our own projects. Mine is to get an old Hawthorne (?) I have with a front wheel drive to be powered by a Tecumseh 2 stroke engine.

My main other hobby is tube radio repair. I also ride my bike around alot, mostly a 1963 Schwinn Racer 3 speed. I have been about 30 miles from home with it. We are planning a trip to go about 60 miles away this summer.

Anyhoo, here is a photo of my bike and I.

-Brian:D

Attachments

• Motor Bike.jpg
    Motor Bike.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 127
Hi there Brian, and welcome to MBc. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature.

Between the bikes, motors, motoredbikes, and old tube radios, you sound like you keep yourself plenty busy. And, I'm sure that your folks are quite proud of you. We are certainly glad to have you as a member. Don't forget to wear a helmet when you get out on the road with one of your bikes...Okay? (We'd like to see you stick around.) The best of luck to you.

Patrick

Back