New from Oregon

Jdavis_0203

Local time
7:06 AM
Hey everyone.
Hows it going? Im from Texas just moved to oregon and I am about to purchase the stuff for my new motor bike. Im going to go with a city cruiser frame. im not 100% set on which engine kit to buy yet. Anyone have any suggestions ill post pics of the bike up as soon as i can.
Thanks for the help

Welcome aboard.

I think you'll find that most of us are reluctant to make a real recommendation. Because what works for me might or might not work for you.

With that said, I've been happy with the 49cc, 2 stroke, chain driven set up. But there's others to choose from.

So have fun and we'll see you around.

not sure but if it was me I would buy from a company that will still be there when I need spare parts or maybe some tech support..
Some of the ebay people just buy engines and sell them .. They dont build bikes and understand how they work,, notice I said "SOME" not all
Check out the SPONSORS banner on the Left.. I think these venders sell spare parts ..
You will eventaully need some spare parts....

Keep in mind, Oregon is a bicyclers paradise in some ways. It is NOT so much of a MOTORED bicyclers paradise. Engine displacement limits are smaller than almost any other state - 35cc max, the speed limitations are strict, and the state code allows every municipality in the state to impose yet stricter limits. A great many of them do exactly that.

Given your age I'd hazard a guess that you are a vollege student. Every single college town in the state has additional limitations over and above those imposed by the state - from Portland to Ashland, from Baker to Coos Bay. Make sure you know what is in effect where you live.

Thanks for the suggestions and everything i will check all the limits out for sure. im pretty sure i have been told that your allowed to ride them any where as long as its in the bike lane or bike paths just no sidewalks and stuff like that. i was thinking about getting an engine kit of spooky tooth or berry bikes. im not a college student im just really into all kinds of bikes and i skateboard so i just see it as a more effecient way of getting around quickly then having to worry about my car getting stolen every few days

Back