New from toronto

Z

zuzu

Hi I am investigating motorized bikes. I had an electric, it was stupid. I want something that is quiet and goes pretty fast, like 30mph, for when you are out on country roads. So I am thinking of the mitsubishi engine, but I am wondering what the difference between the friction and chain driven units are. I read that frictin is not as good. any opinions?

welcome

Hey zuzu...welcome to MBc! There are some cool electric ones, personally a gas one with a solar cell back up would be cool...good luck and happy motoring! I am off to work as the public awaits me lol...bye! :cool:
ps my ole man and i quibble about who is going to get the bike today...the early bird gets the worm...

zuzu said:
Hi I am investigating motorized bikes. I had an electric, it was stupid. I want something that is quiet and goes pretty fast, like 30mph, for when you are out on country roads. So I am thinking of the mitsubishi engine, but I am wondering what the difference between the friction and chain driven units are. I read that frictin is not as good. any opinions?

How far do you need to go? A 30mph electric bike is not a tall order at all.

Electric bike

If you want quiet I would go with electric. I have a chain driven 2 stroke that I am happy with but probably noisey. for you. I think any kind of motor on a bicycle is just briliant idea.

Back