[New Fuel Tank] new fuel tank question?

Tallen09161990

Local time
11:03 PM
hello i had just bought a new fuel tank off of Ebay and i have a question about it this does not seem like a traditional fuel tank instead of having the threading on the outside for the fuel Pitcock this one i bought had internal threading

0816141018.jpg

i still have my old one from my previous fuel tank im not sure if it will fit with this one or not

0816141018a.jpg

if it doesnt fit can anyone show me which one i actually need please?

The fuel tank you had uses the new design gasbike.net sales, I like 'em, twice the filter screen length and you can face the petcock where you want and screw the retaining ring on the outside threads.

The new tank is the old style, the petcock screws into it and where the lever ends up is can only be changed by adding washers.
You can get one here for $7.

http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-part-gasoline-tank-switch-al.html

ok another question could i just take my old pitcock and cut the hex nut off of it and use it or that wouldn't work?

the internal thread taps are just on off on, the external thread ones with that long filter should have reserve position.

the internal thread ones can use any old tap with a 1/4bspt thread. mower shop ;) old mans collection of brass bits ;) anywhere that sells basic mower parts, like the hardware store...

the internal thread taps are just on off on, the external thread ones with that long filter should have reserve position.

the internal thread ones can use any old tap with a 1/4bspt thread. mower shop ;) old mans collection of brass bits ;) anywhere that sells basic mower parts, like the hardware store...
Naw, just 2 on's and off like the other one, the screen is just twice as long and the screens will fit either petcock.

my one definitely has a reserve position. caught me out many a time. if it has a black "plug" doodad on a stem that goes about halfway up the filter...it has reserve. maybe youre missing this bit? i can see the black plug in the OP's piccy.

my one definitely has a reserve position. caught me out many a time. if it has a black "plug" doodad on a stem that goes about halfway up the filter...it has reserve. maybe youre missing this bit? i can see the black plug in the OP's piccy.

will the pitcock he showed me work or will i have to find a diff one?

yes :)

and if you get impatient, go to a hardware store, they have em on the shelf... just usually in plastic and look slightly different.

$_35.JPG

i like this one! has a bowl and everything! (im ordering right now!)

$T2eC16ZHJF8FFqJKc1LoBRg0e6V2gQ~~60_57.jpg
this one, you would put the nut right down, then washer on top of it, screw the thread in, and tighten the nut up to hold it in the "ideal" position... or just take the nut off altogether and wind the thing in, hoping it points the right way once tight!

only thing that matters is the thread, and thats a standard size. i said 1/4 bspt before, thats wrong. its 1/8" bsp ;)

ive got an old brass one :) like, really old... but with no bowl? pffft. i want my bowl!

Sure enough...

PetcockNew.jpg

I didn't see that on the 1st one I looked inside but it is on this new one.
Handle Up is On.
Handle at a 90 is Off.
Handle Down (like picture) is Reserve.

That sure seems like it could restrict fuel flow.

Back