New Gebe install

Rob928

Local time
6:18 AM
Here is my first GEBE (motored Bike) install.
I chose to frame mount the engine brackets after the sealed disc axles that I ordered from GEBE did not fit my hubs. I think all for the better though.
So far so good as far as the first ride, I will write more about my impressions of the performance and sound when I have a little more time....
Here are a couple pictures.
Thanks,
Rob.

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

Very nice! my klnd of bike.

Attachments

• bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 306
  • !cid_media1.jpg
    !cid_media1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 302
  • wifes bike.jpg
    wifes bike.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 281
your motor strap is not hooked up and the motor will lay back and then hold throttle wide open, it did on mine.

Actually... Yes it is Look at the bottom picture.. I could not mount it to the traditional GEBE spot because of my 4 link suspension so i had to find an alternative position.

great job...please consider putting another torsion strap on the right side...having the anchor-point so far down may lead to flexing of the system over time.

put a 12 tooth on that and you could climb a tree, what a rockin' full-suspension build.

please keep us posted on how things are going.

great job...please consider putting another torsion strap on the right side...having the anchor-point so far down may lead to flexing of the system over time.

put a 12 tooth on that and you could climb a tree, what a rockin' full-suspension build.

please keep us posted on how things are going.

Yes was already planning on adding another one, just need to pick up some material. But thank you very much for the tip!!:D

I think I will order the 12 tooth for the trails and I will post more as I put some more miles on it.

Thanks,
Rob..

Nice job, but... that torsion strap may give you problems (as already mentioned) not only because of the distance from the engine but also weakening the verticle mount strap by putting a hole in it at the point of stress (a lot of torque there). I think a better way is to attach the torsion strap in the normal way but because of the full suspension, you should put a flex joint in the torsion strap. I did that on my bike and after 2000 miles I have had no problems. The suspension works fine and the engine moves fore and aft with the wheel. A very easy fix for this problem. I do not know why GEBE has not made this fix with their kit as it costs almost nothing. I will post a picture if anyone wants it. Another point is if the wheel nuts loosen or the verticle mount breaks, the engine can move only one inch fore or aft and will not affect engine speed.

Back