New Gebe install

Here is a picture of my modification of the GEBE torsion strap that allows the strap to flex with the full suspension. the two bolts are slightly loose, greased and double nutted so they cannot come out. If the wheel nuts come loose or a verticle strap breaks, the engine can only move fore and/or aft about 1.5 lnches. the engine speed is not affected. Very easy mod. and can be mounted to the seat bolt as in the picture. Bending of the strap, drilling two holes and installing the two bolts and nuts took about 20 minutes. This mod. should take a lot of pressure off of all of the mounting straps even on bikes without rear suspension. Should come from GEBE this way. 2000 miles and no problems. Have fun! Your bike looks nice!

Attachments

• Bike Torsion Strap Mod. 001.jpg
    Bike Torsion Strap Mod. 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
Well so far I have 125 miles and am still on the first gallon.

All is well, I had a few alignment issues early on but got them figured out.

Overall I am happy with the kit but I wish I had gone with the 40cc. Coming from a motocross background I would just like that little bit of extra power. I am still considering ordering the 40cc tanaka to give it a try.

Has anyone else gone from the 32cc to the 40cc?

Thanks,
Rob.

i'm told the 40 won't give you much more stock speed, but i understand it be a lot torque-ier...give the 32 some time...you have 1000 miles of break-in (or more) to enjoy, so let'er rip :cool:

Rob, you have to remember these are motor ASSISTED bikes. Not a motorcycle.
I just got my Tanaka 33 and I absolutely love it. I have a robin/subaru 4 stroke also, and for what it's worth, I'll take the Tanaka anyday. She screams.

Time for my opinion...I have the 40cc and yes, it's torquey ; too much torque imo for the belt and no appreciable gaines in mph. From what I gather from the guys and gals with the 32cc, they're going the same speed as me and probably higher rpm's. If you want to off-road, you'll go through some belts; I only got 300 miles on the last belt but was overzealous with the throttle. If I were to do it over again and used the gebe setup, I'd go with a 32cc...as it stands, I love my 40 but may have to go to a chain drive...don't wanna but may have to...

Yeah over the last couple days I have noticed an increase in power, it seems like the throttle gets more progressive as the motor breaks in.

At first I didn't think it would be possible but I have been hitting all the local BMX jumps with the motor! Even a couple I wouldn't hit without the motor...
These are about 15' doubles with some rhythm sections. I even hit one of the jumps that one of the guys on a worked up pit bike(CRF50) wouldn't hit..I really need to get some video footage...

I know I am going to need some replacement belts for this type of riding, it takes some getting used to the throttle, If you are on the gas at all up the face of the jumps the belt will slip, and obviously if you apply any throttle before the landing the belt will slip big time... But it is so much fun!!!

Today I picked up some less aggressive tires (26x1.9) to try to get rid of some rolling resistance. will post more pics soon!

Rob.

Back