New Glasses

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
8:07 AM
Had a very enjoyable day riding to Mid-town Harriman from my home in Rockwood. I took the Harriman route to the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses.

The scenery was really nice. Did have to climb one a 25% grade hill. Dropped down into the smallest front chainring and the second largest rear cog. Had no problem climbing the hill at 11 mph. Was able to do level ground speed around 29 mph and hit 40 mph on some down hill speeds.

Had several people ask questions while waiting on traffic lights. Pulled into the doctor's office and got even more questions by people in the parking lot.

Got my glasses can see much better now. So I decided to take the lake route back home. The mountains looked so majestic against white clouds in the sky. The fresh fragrance of the lake had a smell of summer fun coming from it. I so wanted to ride even more.

I got home and brought the Sidewinder inside. There's a storm coming, so no more riding until tomorrow. The round trip was 15 miles long. How blessed we are to have our bikes.

My familiar Barnabas Collins is riding the bike now lol
Jonathan_Frid_Barnabas_Collins_Dark_Shadows_1968.jpeg

20210621_133347.jpg

Last edited:
My familiar Barnabus Collins is riding the bike now lol
Correct spelling would be Barnabas...lol...A favourite childhood tv show back in the latter 60s...lol...You can still watch it on PlutoTV channel on your computer or from your Roku or Amazon Fire sticks/boxes as well...Pluto has a channel dedicated to just that one show 24/7...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...i usually find my cats, in one in each basket and one sleeping on the seat...lol.

Got it on my Fire Stick, Kodi>>Misfits Mods wizard>>Atomic build>>Tubi. I know you can directly download Tubi to the Fire Stick but going through Kodi you get adjustment capabilities you otherwise won't have with the direct download.

My mind was telling me I was spelling Barnabas wrong but did it anyways. I guess I was trying to turn him into a southerner lol

Had a very enjoyable day riding to Mid-town Harriman from my home in Rockwood. I took the Harriman route to the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses.

The scenery was really nice. Did have to climb one a 25% grade hill. Dropped down into the smallest front chainring and the second largest rear cog. Had no problem climbing the hill at 11 mph. Was able to do level ground speed around 29 mph and hit 40 mph on some down hill speeds.

Had several people ask questions while waiting on traffic lights. Pulled into the doctor's office and got even more questions by people in the parking lot.

Got my glasses can see much better now. So I decided to take the lake route back home. The mountains looked so majestic against white clouds in the sky. The fresh fragrance of the lake had a smell of summer fun coming from it. I so wanted to ride even more.

I got home and brought the Sidewinder inside. There's a storm coming, so no more riding until tomorrow. The round trip was 15 miles long. How blessed we are to have our bikes.

My familiar Barnabas Collins is riding the bike now lol
View attachment 105878
View attachment 105879
Blessed we are to be able to enjoy this first day of summer the longest day of the year June 21 with a ride on our M/Bs

I went on about a 50 mile ride this morning on my Whizzer M/B around a lake close by my house.
Beautiful it was, all flat ground and my cruising speed was 40 to 45mph.
I didn't stop anywhere I just wanted to keep riding and keep her in the wind. But I did get a couple Honks of approval.

Blessed we are to be able to enjoy this first day of summer the longest day of the year June 21 with a ride on our M/Bs
Too hot here to do any riding...it was 109F yesterday and already 101F today as of 1:40 in the afternoon Mountain Daylight Time here in Alamogordo...Not even stepping foot out the door today...lol...DAMIEN

Hawaii has the best weather I've ever lived in 25 yrs. It don't get hotter than 90*F and it don't get colder than 60*F
Unless of course ya live in a Volcano or on top of Mauna Kea Mt. where it snows.

Back