New Grubee Skyhawk fitment issues

The 36 tooth sprocket is on! But now for some reason my motor won't start at all! The clutch feels like it isn't engaging. Also, the only time the chain skips now (falling off the rear sprocket) is when backing the bike up. Forward it works just fine!
You didnt shorten the chain like i told you...did you???
If you had, the chain would not be falling off at all.
That could be a dangerous situation to you.

NO...you dont need 10 miles per hour to start...mine does it at 5 MPH.

You didnt shorten the chain like i told you...did you???
If you had, the chain would not be falling off at all.
That could be a dangerous situation to you.

NO...you dont need 10 miles per hour to start...mine does it at 5 MPH.
I did shorten the chain. Now instead of having issues with the motor sprocket, it's falling off the wheel sprocket. I understand that it is dangerous, however it has only fallen off when reversing the bike. And I'm pretty sure at this point that a clutch issue is causing the trouble starting. I haven't been able to get the motor to turn by pedalling so I think I need to tighten the clutch again.

I did shorten the chain. Now instead of having issues with the motor sprocket, it's falling off the wheel sprocket. I understand that it is dangerous, however it has only fallen off when reversing the bike. And I'm pretty sure at this point that a clutch issue is causing the trouble starting. I haven't been able to get the motor to turn by pedalling so I think I need to tighten the clutch again.
Does the motor turn when you let out the clutch? If it doesn't then the clutch is too tight.

Its obviously not on secure at all if its falling off...Its either too loose or it has too much side to side wobble in the sprocket, more than the amount i mentioned in the installation instructions...DAMIEN

Does the motor turn when you let out the clutch? If it doesn't then the clutch is too tight.
When I let out the clutch out it won't. I don't think it's too tight, because I had to tighten it slightly this morning and then it started turning. So wouldn't that mean I was too loose if anything?

Its obviously not on secure at all if its falling off...Its either too loose or it has too much side to side wobble in the sprocket, more than the amount i mentioned in the installation instructions...DAMIEN
I think it's too much wobble at the bottom of the chain. The tensioner hold the chain at an angle for some reason.

The motor has to turn when the clutch lever is released. If not, then it won't start. Maybe take the rear wheel off and try truing the sprocket again. When you spin the wheel, the sprocket shouldn't have more than 1/8" deviation.

The tensioner hold the chain at an angle for some reason.
Just one more reason why i also mentioned the spring tensioner as well...plus the fact that you need to make sure that everything is running "true" and in alignment with each other thats mentioned in the installation instructions i gave you earlier...DAMIEN

Back