New Guy First Post

bryant

Local time
4:33 AM
Ok, I am from Arkansas. Yeah I am old (almost 72) but I have the heart and health of a 19 to 72 year old.Been thinking for a long time to Motorize my mountain Bike. Found a 2.5hp Tecumseh and started looking on the Internet for info and found this fantastic site. Can't wait to get the intro over with and go to the site that will discuss gearing etc. Thanks for having me as a member. Bryant

Glad you found us Bryant. I too am an Arkansawyer. Ever in the neighborhood and want to ride, feel free to give me a call. Good luck with your build.

oh and welcome to the site...

Thanks Scokes, Bryant and Pine Bluff. Thats about 50 miles. I would be afraid to ride that far on those busy highways. When its finished maybe I can throw it in the back of my truck and come down for a ride with you.

Welcome from Down Under

Hey Bryant..Welcome to Mbc..Always room for another Elderly Statesman..This is a great site for info and help..get some pics in as you go..Good Luck Eno in Oz

Thanks Eno, Aussie Jester and Hawaii Ed, Lots of nice people on this forum. I am holding off on mounting the 2 1/2 hp on the bike right now. I want to get a bike on the road now so I have ordered a DAX 80cc kit for my mountain bike. I hope it works out. Thanks again for the welcome. Would love to see Australia but would sure look out for the hopping things while rideing.
My wife grew up in Hawaii and was just back there last spring going to her High School reunion(50th) Man she's old but so am I. Can't even get her to consider a bike ride with a motor on the bike but she didn't like ultralights and motorized hang gliders either.

Tom, I wish I had known before you bought the kit from DAX, There is a guy here in White Hall with 2 49cc and 2 80cc motors for sell. $135 each. NO SHIPPING!!! Anyways. I will try to pick up a couple from him if I can round up the cash or haggle his price down a bit. The more the merrier...

Scott,

Back