New guy from Louisiana

Sterno666

Local time
6:02 AM
I'm new to the motorbike world but have been riding/restoring/loving motorcycles for about 10 years now. I have a love for vintage (1970's mainly) Honda's and have restored three (2 CL360 and a CB350) and am working on my fourth (CX500).

I've been lurking here for a few days since I ordered a motor kit for my cruiser bike. I'm really anxious to get it in and on the road.

Any others here from South Louisiana?

Welcome Sterno,

Where do you live? I am in the Springfield area, close to the Tickfaw st. park. For many years I owned Honda 750K bikes. They are great machines and a joy to ride.

Good luck with your build. Which bike, engine combo will you be using?

Tom

I'm not too far from you. I live in Abita Springs in St. Tammany Parish. I have a few friends who live in the Springfield area. After this CX500 restore I'd like to get a 750+ Honda, maybe an older Shadow.

I just bought a kit from Zoombicycles. I think it's called the ZB80. I read a lot of positive reviews of that company and went with them. I'm not really even sure of the bike's make. I bought it some years ago at walmart and pulled all the stickers off right after I bought it. It's a beach cruiser style bike.

Back