New Guy from Michigan

MotorBikePaul

Local time
4:28 AM
Greetings All,
I have been poking around for a while now and thought it was time to get serious, register and get started with a project.

Growing up as a kid I always owned and was around mini-bikes, go-karts and small motorcycles, and the urge for some type of two wheeled toy has never been fully extinguished. My grandfather played with Whizzers, Cushmans and even a Kawasaki with a side car when I was young.

I have also been into cars, having owned and restored a couple muscle cars, I find the costs have just gotten so far out the reach of the average guys like me.

Over the years I have periodically looked at motorcycles and mopeds and mini-bikes online and keeping thinking about getting into the game again.

I didn't want the license and insurance hassles of a motorcycle (along with Michigan potholes and crappy drivers), mopeds for the most part don't have the look I want, mini-bikes around here get frowned upon by the police (and confiscated)...so as I was staring at the bicycles hanging from my garage ceiling recently and I thought why not pull a page from my grandfather's book and build something.

So here I am...

...thinking of a Skyhawk GT-2A aluminum frame, a 4-stroke Ghost Racer or Flying Horse engine kit and my son's practically brand new Trek 3-Series bike...probably adding a jackshaft and disc brakes...oh the thoughts rolling around in my head!

Prices seem good right now on 4-stroke engine kits and Skyhawk frames.

The question is??? Where to buy from?? I have read lots of bad things about a lot of vendors...scares a guy off.

Anyways I want to thank everyone from letting me join this great website and I hope to learn a lot more about these machines!!

Paul

Welcome aboard. You'll have fun.

As far as sourcing your parts and components, you really can't go wrong with any of the sponsors of this site. (There are one or two where I've clicked on a part, only to find that it's out of stock. But, though annoying, that's not a huge sin.)

Back