new guy from Winlsow, Maine

P

pianoman8t8

yup, so i got i motor kit last thursday, and installed it into a wal-mart cheapie bike. I also used duct tape..hahaha oh yeah. i also had to make a new manifold for the intake, seeing as the one that came with it wouldn't fit into the frame i had. I also bought a speedometer (not shown in picture) and i picked up a kill switch today at VIP and installed it, seeing as the one that came with my kit was, well let's say "cheap" no offense to anyone, but it didn't work very good, so anyway... and i thought i would add this random picture for humor... also, what i have an idea of doing is making a spring tensioner for the chain, and i want to make a 30 tooth chain sprocket, and what i plan on doing is making the tensioner so i can "shift" between the 30 tooth and the 44 tooth sprockets and the chain still be tight...hopefully all goes well... oh and the wood dowell that you see is for my clutch lever...when i got the kit, when i installed it, i went to go use the clutch, (which is very stiff) i broke the cable, so now i have no clutch, so if i get stuck somewhere and it dies for some reason, i stick one end of the dowell behind the clutch cover thing where the chain is, and wedge it under my seat and it holds back the clutch lever.
289_manifold_3_3.jpg

289_problem_solving_2.jpg

289_picture_of_bike_in_driveway_2.jpg

289_manifold_1_4.jpg

wow. That is one hell of a fit! I totally want to see the gears thing. If you could pull that off, it would be amazing! I always thought the problem is that there will be tension on the lower portion of the chain when you try and start it.

Welcome to the forum!

yeah, thee is tension on the bottom portion of the chain when starting, especially now since i don't really have a clutch control anymore. I know there's room for another sprocket, but i'll have to try and figure out where the excess chain would go, seeing as how i have extra as it is... I'll try to come up with something... and hopefully it works.

you can get a replacement cable at any bike shop or walmart. Just buy a regular bike brake cable. although...the stick works in a pinch.

welcome aboard
Dave

I was thinking of getting a 32t sprocket, apperently you can order one from spookytooth, and attaching it right next to my 44t sprocket, and that way I could change gears between rides, but I would still have to break the chain and adjust the pully.

yeah, but the "spring loaded tensioner" thing would be so handy...if anyone has any ideas for a tensioner, let me know...

Klahowya! I like this multi gear idea. I wouldn't have a problem just pulling over and switching into the speed, or hill, gear. I feel confident that someone here will whip up something

I know that this topic is posted somewhere on the Motorkruisers site . The person attached two sprockets to the rear hub with a spacer in between . To change from one sprocket to an other he simply removed or installed an extra master link to adjust for the different chain lengths around the two different sized sprockets . This will play havoc with the proper alignment between the front and rear sprockets . You will just have to pick a happy medium ...........................D.J.

this is starting to sound cool...what about using a removable washer or a locknut system (or something, yaknow wut i mean) on the tensioner/guide to adjust for alignment?

D.J. said:
I know that this topic is posted somewhere on the Motorkruisers site . The person attached two sprockets to the rear hub with a spacer in between . To change from one sprocket to an other he simply removed or installed an extra master link to adjust for the different chain lengths around the two different sized sprockets . This will play havoc with the proper alignment between the front and rear sprockets . You will just have to pick a happy medium ...........................D.J.

Heres a link to the thread, it apears that the pics are no longer there but it is a cool setup. http://motokruisers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332 ...Kelly

Back