New Guy on the forum

BThompson

Local time
11:20 PM
Hi all-
I'm new here on the forum and would like to thank everyone for their posts. I did a lot of my research on this forum prior to install, and all my questions had already been answered by running searches prior to registering, with the exception of a Boost bottle question which was answered via e-mail by the manufacturer.

I'm looking forward to putzing (and puttering) around with the new engine soon, but want to take my time in set-up and install to get everyting done the right way before start-up. I bought a Grubee Skyhawk 66cc motor kit earlier this month, installing it on a barely used Trek Navigator 100 (T*I*G*H*T FIT!!!! But pretty cool looking) and we'll see how it all works out soon. 10 or so years ago, I had a rear mounted engine kit with friction roller; it was pretty fun but after hitting too many potholes of various sizes and not having the knowledge and foresight of getting heavy duty spokes, I got tired of my rear wheel getting bent out of shape. Had I known then what I know now about hd hardware, I probably wouldn't have given that kit away!

At any rate, thanks everybody, especially the "old timers" for all the time and effort of submitting all this wealth of info.

-Ben

Welcome to Mbc

Hey BT..Welcome from Eno (Down Under)..Youre doing it right already by researching first..lots of expert help here, without it our build would still be sitting there and I would be scratching my head all day..Keep us posted on your progress and add some pics as you go..Good luck Eno in Oz

Hi Bluegoat. and ENO, thanks guys for the welcome. Just took in the rear wheel to get it laced with 14 gauge steel spokes, should be back in by Wednesday at around the same time I'll be receiving a 40 tooth sprocket in the mail. I got a clamshell adapter but unfortunately it won't take anything below 40 toothed sprockets. I'll probably find that answer again if I do some searching around..maybe someone has machined out 36 tooth sprockets for the LVM clamshell adapters already.

I have to say it again, these little kits ARE fun..the troublework seems to be worth it. I've never really been a rush-to-it kind of guy if I want something to work right in the long-haul. I'll be sure to post pics when it's all done.
-Ben

Back