New guy to the forum, also new to motorized bike scene - Pocono's PA

drimmie

Local time
2:54 PM
Hello everyone, the name's Jay. I'm soon-to-be 31 years old, father of almost 3 kids (due in late October) and living in Northeast Pennsylvania. As the title says, I am new to motorbikes in general but I can turn a wrench.

I also have a good buddy of mine who is highly experienced with small 2 and 4 cycle engines and works for beer :D so I don't think we'll be having too many problems.

Currently, I am seeking out a used 26" mountain bike to get this project going but I am not sure whether or not I should go with a 4 or 2 cycle kit. Right now power is a major factor to me because I am on the heavy side (235 lbs) and live in the mountains with steep inclines. I am not looking to break land speed records, but I want a tad bit of "oomph"

I'm not too concerned with street legality since I will be riding the bike through off-road trails and a few side roads that I know for a fact police do not patrol (PA state police are stretched thin in this area).

Right now I will be searching the forums and looking around for ideas to get me started.

I am looking forward to posting and getting to know some of you

Best regards,
Jay

Welcome to MBc, Jay. First I would read as much as I can, especially the posts at the top of the Forums...especially the ones marked 'sticky', as they contain valuable info on regulations, rules and 'How To's...'. Also make generous use of our search function. We have a specific Buy/Sell/Trade Forum, and you can make some friends in the General Discussion Area. Good Luck to you. Hope you don't end up with a 'pop-top' cylinder head...(just kidding, of course.<g>)

Back