New here! 50cc build

All 48cc pistons that I have seen or bought have been flat top, except the old grubee gt2b which has a slight dome and a squish band on the head. What I've done on the flat top piston engines is to deck the cylinder till the piston is near the deck height and then sand the head down to raise compression.

The picture below is the piston height of a 48cc engine that Mapbike is working on, that's probably the best I've seen.

Attachments

• 20220122_115751_HDR_(1).jpg
    20220122_115751_HDR_(1).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 90
This may not apply to the newer carbs but on the nt the stock jet has always been too rich, I'm at about 900 feet above sea level. My avatar bike has a nt with the jet soldered and drilled with a #73 bit. Stock the jet was a #71 bit size. I get the wide open throttle jet size correct first, then adjust the needle position for low to mid range.

This may not apply to the newer carbs but on the nt the stock jet has always been too rich, I'm at about 900 feet above sea level. My avatar bike has a nt with the jet soldered and drilled with a #73 bit. Stock the jet was a #71 bit size. I get the wide open throttle jet size correct first, then adjust the needle position for low to mid range.
The Bofeng uses the same size jet, but is way better at atomizing. Here a stock runs well on a 68-69 jet in the old speed and NT carbs. The new Bofeng, I'm down to a 60 jet on a stock engine. INSANE!! Was still pig rich at 65. Haven't tested the 60 yet, tank leaked AGAIN!! I'm at about 2200 feet or so.

Back