New here! 50cc build

I have run the stock mounting bolts on several, the key to using them is to make sure the engine is seated correctly. the seat post of the frame dictates the angle or the engine, I have found that seating to the seat post and making shims for the front mount works with stock hardware, just don't over tighten and use removable thread locker.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of slightly modifying the 49cc. However, I did pick up 2 loaded cases 80/66 engines, one High compression billet head, new Reed setup with carb. Lower #1 blown topend, most likely metal everywhere. Lower #2 1 week old, stripped a cylinder stud in the case. Can the case be saved?
My thoughts are rebuild one with minor upgrades to sell, while the other build up as a high performance engine.
IF you started with a NEW case, some used lower end parts, how would you build it?
I don't want the best of everything but also not the cheapest. Stay with the stock 80/66, go with 100cc, definitely some port work, pipe, carb, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of slightly modifying the 49cc. However, I did pick up 2 loaded cases 80/66 engines, one High compression billet head, new Reed setup with carb. Lower #1 blown topend, most likely metal everywhere. Lower #2 1 week old, stripped a cylinder stud in the case. Can the case be saved?
My thoughts are rebuild one with minor upgrades to sell, while the other build up as a high performance engine.
IF you started with a NEW case, some used lower end parts, how would you build it?
I don't want the best of everything but also not the cheapest. Stay with the stock 80/66, go with 100cc, definitely some port work, pipe, carb, etc.
CDH steel sleeve 100cc. That is what you want. Those are my girls, my true loves. It all started with a steel sleeve 49mm jug, and well I'm an addict now. I get the shakes if I don't get motorbike parts delivered at least once a week. I'm such a junkie for those engines, I'm on a first name basis with my ebay rep. He's always happy to hear from me. means I just dropped a bunch of money and wanted to say hi. lol.

Haha, awesome. I know the addiction. I have with pocket bike reed engines. I have 4 built engines, one stock and 3 being built. I can see it starting with CG's already.
I honestly was thinking a 100cc jug. All upgraded hardware.
What carb works best with that cylinder?
Any other parts that should be upgraded as well?
I will use better bearings, what have you used? Skf?

You said CARB!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: THE RWJ-4B( with a velocity stack) is what I use. @DieselTech, uses another one. I use reeds, he is piston port. All I would do is, balance the crank, Lighten the piston with a window, add a g2,add an extra base gasket, for a total of 2-2.5 mm lift on the ports, deck the the jug to set the squish, reshape the chamber to increase the squish band size and tighten the chamber, don't go smaller than 5.5cc, 6-7cc is better. Then ai would get a catnip cdi and oz magneto coil. Toss on a KS65 pipe and you're good to go. The KS65 is made by a crazy old man in middle America. He makes a 4 stage header. I seen that guy eat a 100lb ingot of lead and crapped out 45-70's all bagged up and ready to be stuffed.

Yes you can save that case, buy a heli-coil kit for your cylinder stud thread size & install a heli-coil or do all 4. If you do it right you wont have to do it ever again. Heli-coil kit is probably $20-$30 but enough heli-coils to do 4 complete engines. I run a saw carb on my 100cc steel sleeve, as well as Karl, lol stole a few of his ideas.😂🤣 Shhh!!! Dont tell him thou.

You said CARB!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: THE RWJ-4B( with a velocity stack) is what I use. @DieselTech, uses another one. I use reeds, he is piston port. All I would do is, balance the crank, Lighten the piston with a window, add a g2,add an extra base gasket, for a total of 2-2.5 mm lift on the ports, deck the the jug to set the squish, reshape the chamber to increase the squish band size and tighten the chamber, don't go smaller than 5.5cc, 6-7cc is better. Then ai would get a catnip cdi and oz magneto coil. Toss on a KS65 pipe and you're good to go. The KS65 is made by a crazy old man in middle America. He makes a 4 stage header. I seen that guy eat a 100lb ingot of lead and crapped out 45-70's all bagged up and ready to be stuffed.
Lol, I have no idea where Carby came from. Drives me nuts!
Anyway, what is the G2? Lol I am a CG noob. I haven't decided on piston port or reed. Both have their place.
So windowed piston with the reed setup? (If I decide that route)
I might get a new case and take my time on the helicoils. Hilarious, I totally forgot that route. Did that on some old Ford 5.4L sparkplug holes.
Where do you usually buy from? I do plenty of ebay, however, a cylinder head and case, I would like slightly better quaility. If such a thing still exists.

Anyway, what is the G2? Lol I am a CG noob. I haven't decided on piston port or reed. Both have their place.
I might get a new case and take my time on the helicoils. Hilarious, I totally forgot that route. Did that on some old Ford 5.4L sparkplug holes.
Where do you usually buy from? I do plenty of ebay, however, a cylinder head and case, I would like slightly better quaility. If such a thing still exists.
I would buy CDH case halves if available, probably about the same cost as a heli-coil kit. But that's up to you, CDH has nice stuff I think.

I have a bag of helicoil from work. They bought a company and were going to throw away like $1000 bucks worth of random helicoils. I grabbed 'em up.

Reed will give you better low end and mid range for the most part. Unless you want to go tuning it with different reeds. I use fiber glass or carbon fiber. Once the carbon fiber are broken in, they behave very similar to the fiberglass. G2 is a reed system.
carb.jpg

That is the KSG2 reed system.

Back