New here, first 212 build

The top speed for a stock 212cc Predator engine is around 35 mph. On 26" tires you'll need a total reduction of 7.95\1 at 3600 rpm to obtain 35 mph.

So yes you'll need a jackshaft if you plan to keep the 32t in the rear. This'll be your drive setup:

[3\1 CVT 10t]>[40t | 16t JS]>[32T]

You'll then have an automatic reduction range of (24-8)\1. With this drive setup, you'll have decent level ground speed, good take off abilities and be able to climb hills.
If I have a 30 series converter with a 10t jackshaft going to a rear sprocket of, my choices I’ve seen are 26, and 36. My tire size is 26 inch as well. And I’ve been told at best for the spacing with the set up, I can squeeze a 14t on the jackshaft. What are the speeds I’m looking at?

If I have a 30 series converter with a 10t jackshaft going to a rear sprocket of, my choices I’ve seen are 26, and 36. My tire size is 26 inch as well. And I’ve been told at best for the spacing with the set up, I can squeeze a 14t on the jackshaft. What are the speeds I’m looking at?
You're looking at something which will be impossible for stock 212cc 4 stroke to do.

My personal suggestion is coming off the CVT to run a 10t\50t~60t on 26" wheels. This'll give you a speed of 46 mph for the 60t and 55 mph for a 50t. For the 10t\50t the reduction range is 15\1~5\1. For the 60t the reduction range is 18\1~6\1.

Here's what your suggestions would mathematically be:

10t\26t = 107 mph
RR = 7.8\1~2.6\1

10t\36t = 77 mph
RR = 10.8\1~3.6\1

14t\26t = 150 mph
RR = 5.57\1~1.86\1

14t\36t = 108 mph
RR = 7.71\1~2.57\1.

Don't worry about your speed, with your choice of wheel sprockets (both of them) you're going to burn up the belt before you get going.

You aren't going to do over a 100 mph with that setup you're talking about unless you're going over a cliff. It won't matter what belt you use. The gearing ratio is too high.
Bragging rights would be nice to have triple digits, but hell no. The rubber on the wheel would disintegrate. So what should I be looking for? Still use the 30 series or? I haven’t ordered anything because I wanted all my ducks together.

30 series juggaverter with a genuine comet belt is the best.
Comet goes on the drive coming from the engine, is it worth it to upgrade the second pulley as well? Or is that an eventually upgrade? And considering the other user suggested an extra jackshaft for even more gear reduction, is that something I should aim for doing as well with my build? After the governor is removed and balanced crank shaft, what is the assumed power band and rpm and horse power out put? I’m really sorry I don’t understand how to use the calculator, otherwise I wouldn’t have to keep asking that about the gears. lol. I guess what I should also ask, is what sprockets y’all chose and why maybe? At first I thought the 50t rear sprocket would have made it a wheelie machine. Part of the attraction I have to taking this project on is because it’s more engineered and built in that aspect than it is something bought and multiple copies of. I do eventually plan on getting mag wheels because safety matters. But unfortunately those probably won’t be on my initial set up when I do get things.

Comet goes on the drive coming from the engine, is it worth it to upgrade the second pulley as well? Or is that an eventually upgrade? And considering the other user suggested an extra jackshaft for even more gear reduction, is that something I should aim for doing as well with my build? After the governor is removed and balanced crank shaft, what is the assumed power band and rpm and horse power out put? I’m really sorry I don’t understand how to use the calculator, otherwise I wouldn’t have to keep asking that about the gears. lol. I guess what I should also ask, is what sprockets y’all chose and why maybe? At first I thought the 50t rear sprocket would have made it a wheelie machine. Part of the attraction I have to taking this project on is because it’s more engineered and built in that aspect than it is something bought and multiple copies of. I do eventually plan on getting mag wheels because safety matters. But unfortunately those probably won’t be on my initial set up when I do get things.
I would think when it comes to putting more power through the system and such, even if it’s not as much of a gear reduction. That jackshaft I would think reduces tension stress pushed across the frame and help with avoiding bending a frame.

If you'll check out Damien rear wheel you'll see he has a rear disc thats larger than the rear sprocket. This is why I suggested the jackshaft on the seat post. Otherwise you could simply run a 10t\50t and get the same reduction but couldn't install a rear disc brake. You'd have to use either a rear drum brake or a rim brake.

Back