New here, first 212 build

Comet goes on the drive coming from the engine, is it worth it to upgrade the second pulley as well? Or is that an eventually upgrade? And considering the other user suggested an extra jackshaft for even more gear reduction, is that something I should aim for doing as well with my build? After the governor is removed and balanced crank shaft, what is the assumed power band and rpm and horse power out put? I’m really sorry I don’t understand how to use the calculator, otherwise I wouldn’t have to keep asking that about the gears. lol. I guess what I should also ask, is what sprockets y’all chose and why maybe? At first I thought the 50t rear sprocket would have made it a wheelie machine. Part of the attraction I have to taking this project on is because it’s more engineered and built in that aspect than it is something bought and multiple copies of. I do eventually plan on getting mag wheels because safety matters. But unfortunately those probably won’t be on my initial set up when I do get things.
A juggaverter isn't made by comet. I just suggested using a genuine comet belt, they are made much better than off brand ones

If you'll check out Damien rear wheel you'll see he has a rear disc thats larger than the rear sprocket. This is why I suggested the jackshaft on the seat post. Otherwise you could simply run a 10t\50t and get the same reduction but couldn't install a rear disc brake. You'd have to use either a rear drum brake or a rim brake.
When it comes to playing with gear ratios, how do I get it to have a sweet high and and run well at other speeds. I was aiming for a 224 predator. I’ve seen a few 175, and 200cc motors I can take from other places on the marketplace. I’m having someone drop off a 420 for 130, luckily they work in an area that puts them 10-15 min from my house so they’re bringing the engine with them in their trunk and I’m either meeting them at their work or their dropping it to my door. Yes. I understand I’m f***ing crazy, but I found a somewhat decent frame to start with instead of the mountain bike. I do plan on getting other engines and building something in the 2 mountain bike frames I have. But for the 420 assuming it’s good to go, governor won’t be removed until I get a good flywheel, I saw someone put a motorcycle 5 speeds transmission and clutch on a chopper bicycle frame. But no responses explaining in too much detail. I can find that video if need be, I saw it earlier. I’ve been doing a lovingly amount of math and research and looking. This is the frame I just picked up today, and plan on modifying and working with for myself. I know I need to get a good amount of work done for it but I like working with my hands like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
When it comes to playing with gear ratios, how do I get it to have a sweet high and and run well at other speeds. I was aiming for a 224 predator. I’ve seen a few 175, and 200cc motors I can take from other places on the marketplace. I’m having someone drop off a 420 for 130, luckily they work in an area that puts them 10-15 min from my house so they’re bringing the engine with them in their trunk and I’m either meeting them at their work or their dropping it to my door. Yes. I understand I’m f***ing crazy, but I found a somewhat decent frame to start with instead of the mountain bike. I do plan on getting other engines and building something in the 2 mountain bike frames I have. But for the 420 assuming it’s good to go, governor won’t be removed until I get a good flywheel, I saw someone put a motorcycle 5 speeds transmission and clutch on a chopper bicycle frame. But no responses explaining in too much detail. I can find that video if need be, I saw it earlier. I’ve been doing a lovingly amount of math and research and looking. This is the frame I just picked up today, and plan on modifying and working with for myself. I know I need to get a good amount of work done for it but I like working with my hands like this.
Oh boy, you're in for a treat with that OCC. It won't hold up to a 212, hell you have to cut the seat tube(the only part of the bike holding it together) to fit one it. A 79cc predator barely , @michael whiteman has been building one with a 79cc. @DistantWolrld101 deals with them and he can tell you they are expensive and difficult to build. I started one for my old man, but didn't have the time to finish. I'm hoping to get it done soon, he wants something fun to go get mail with lol.

With the kind of money you're going to have to invest; you might as well get a Sportsman Flyer or Whizzer kit. You need at least a drop loop frame if you're going to use a large engine. Sportsman sells drop loop frames but so do several other sites.

if you want speed and you have EXPERINCE welding and LOTS OF TIME and money get a QMB139/GY6 moped motor, cut off the rear end and weld her up.

put a big bore kit on the gy6 along with more mods, strengthen the chopper frame and have fun

Here's a nice one. Pay up.

No no, he needs the whole rear swing arm to go with the engine. Best is to buy a crashed bike for cheap.

for $500 you can buy a used or crashed moped with a GY6 engine and itll come with all the wiring and stuff

because you can get a taotao atm50-a1 for 900 NEW so def don't buy just a engine for 500$

if you want speed and you have EXPERINCE welding and LOTS OF TIME and money get a QMB139/GY6 moped motor, cut off the rear end and weld her up.

put a big bore kit on the gy6 along with more mods, strengthen the chopper frame and have fun
I got a couple motorcycles, coming my way, as well as a motorized bicycle project about to start for myself not as crazy as what I planned, thankfully. But that will definitely be one of the things that I revisit when it comes time to do a crazy YEYE build. Lmfao.

Back