New Here

Glenn M

Local time
10:35 PM
Hello Everyone

I've been reading this and other forums for a few weeks now. Trying to decide which kind of kit, to go with. I don't like the looks or the cost of the 4 stroke kits. So I think one of the Limited 80cc (67.5cc or whatever) will fill the bill. I could be wrong, but they seem to be higher quality kit.
I was going to buy the cheapest kit I could find on ebay until I started reading here and elsewhere. Like they say you get what you pay for
Any thoughts?
I've ran and raced 2 strokes in the past. From what I have read, if you do a little port cleanup and carb work and get them tuned right, these little engines perform pretty well and last if you don't abuse them.
Am I heading in the right direction?

Thanks Glenn

Hi Glenn Welcome! Ive bought from ebay and it blew up within 500 miles but many here
have 2600 miles on them. Do lots of reading. Sometimes I think its the luck of the draw.
A person would like to think they get what you pay for.
Ive since switched to rear rack mount GEBE. Very costly but reliable. Enjoy the group.

Hi Glenn Welcome! Ive bought from ebay and it blew up within 500 miles but many here
have 2600 miles on them. Do lots of reading. Sometimes I think its the luck of the draw.
A person would like to think they get what you pay for.
Ive since switched to rear rack mount GEBE. Very costly but reliable. Enjoy the group.

let's face it -- that's just not that many miles - lest in my book

little less money than the - known to be good GEBE

you might consider the Station friction drive set up
cost to your door -- a little over 400 dollars
been riding mine on some long rides -- not one break down

Born to ride - Mountainman

Hi Glenn and welcome.

I have two 49 cc happy times. I've been happy with both. But I've also suspected that there's a "luck of the draw" factor. There can't be any doubt that the HTs are not the Rolls-Royce of bicycle engines.

But they are lovable. Maybe in the same way as an old VW Beetle or Plymouth Valiant.

Back