New here

ucaleb6

Local time
12:46 PM
I'm new to this form, I'm looking to put a engine on to my 2013 giant Yukon fx. It is a dual suspension bike and I'd like to try and put on on it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1310730977.jpg
    Snapchat-1310730977.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 81
Electric would be easier than gas. You using this bike for commuting or just neighborhood putting around or off roading? You'll have to measure your frame but it doesn't look like a China girl will fit in there. Maybe it's bigger than it looks in the picture though. Sweet bike.

A little 4 stroke with a friction drive or belt drive over the back wheel is perfect for full suspension bikes.

Electric would be easier than gas. You using this bike for commuting or just neighborhood putting around or off roading? You'll have to measure your frame but it doesn't look like a China girl will fit in there. Maybe it's bigger than it looks in the picture though. Sweet bike.

Thanks! I want to use it for commuting and some off road use. I live in Florida so it's pretty flat.

I wouldn't go with a friction drive for off roading but a belt drive would work. How far is your commute, how fast do you want to go, how much $$$ can you spend? I would personally go electric for this application unless you have a 100 mile commute.

I wouldn't go with a friction drive for off roading but a belt drive would work. How far is your commute, how fast do you want to go, how much $$$ can you spend? I would personally go electric for this application unless you have a 100 mile commute.

My commute is eight miles round trip, I need something that will go over the back wheel. I want to go with a gas engine just because I don't want to constantly charge batteries. I guess I can spend around $300-$400.

Last edited:
$400 would get you a cheap hub and battery that would make that trip 3 to 4 times before being charged. How fast do you need to go? The Honda gx50 seems like the dream engine for what you're looking for.

$400 would get you a cheap hub and battery that would make that trip 3 to 4 times before being charged. How fast do you need to go? The Honda gx50 seems like the dream engine for what you're looking for.

Ideally, I'd want to go around 30. Maybe more. If you have any suggestions for electric motors, I'm all ears.

I just went on an 8 mile ride, the first 6 of it wet gravel and went roughly 30 the entire time. The last 2 miles were trail and street. I have a 48v 20ah battery from Ebay for $180 and a violamart 1500watt hub for $190. It's a decent system so far but since you have that sweet bike you may want a bigger system and possibly a 52 volt pack or more. Mine goes pretty fast at 34 mph but I'm sure a guy would like to go faster on a better bike like yours.

I just went on an 8 mile ride, the first 6 of it wet gravel and went roughly 30 the entire time. The last 2 miles were trail and street. I have a 48v 20ah battery from Ebay for $180 and a violamart 1500watt hub for $190. It's a decent system so far but since you have that sweet bike you may want a bigger system and possibly a 52 volt pack or more. Mine goes pretty fast at 34 mph but I'm sure a guy would like to go faster on a better bike like yours.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it!

Back