New Hobbyist from Ave Maria, Florida

GreenPurgatory

Local time
3:15 AM
Hey Guys,

I have been trolling the forums for a while, and I finally read enough where I felt comfortable ordering a kit. I need a more economical way of traveling 4 miles round-trip to school, a few times a day. I literally ordered the F80 70cc from thatsDAX a minute ago. I opted against ordering upgrades right off the bat, so that I could have something to compare performance to.

I will keep reading, and post occasionally, as I decide which expansion chamber to get. I am pretty sure I will be switching to a 36 tooth. Eventually a kit from Sick Bike Parts. I will also replace a few parts on the engine to improve reliability.

As of right now, I am thinking of putting the motor kit on a 1970's Free Spirit.
greenbriar-free-spirit-bicycle.jpg

The bicycle in the picture is not mine, I wish it was. My Free Spirit looks like it has 30+ years right now. I will restore it, as I prep the engine for installation. Pictures to come.

The other bicycle I have available for a kit is an old, beat-up Schwinn Cruiser SS.
bike4.jpg

I like the looks of the Cruiser, but I will probably stick to the Free Spirit because of the gears, and my eventual shift kit.

Enough talk for now,
GreenPurgatory
usflg.gif

Back