New HS142f engine, how do I connect kill switch?

MadCat

Local time
4:03 AM
I have a ne hs142f engine and it has a 2 wire connector ( blak/whit wire and green wire ). I have a single wire kill switch that came with my Staton kit. Do I ground one wire and connect the other to the switch? Sorry, never really wired anything before.
Thanks

One wire is grounded to the crankcase (ring connector), the other goes to the magneto coil (spade connector). Grounding the wire that's already grounded won't do anything. Grounding the other one will kill the spark. Make sure your single-wire kill switch is grounded by checking for continuity between it and the crankcase.

With a 2-wire kill switch, it truly doesn't matter which wire is which. As long as they're connected the spark will be killed.

I got it figured out. The problem was the handlebars for some reason couldn’t be used as a ground ( plastic coated maybe?) I had to run a ground wire from the kill switch strap to the Staton mounting bracket then the single wire coming from the kill switch was connected to the black wire from the engine. I left the green wire there and just taped the metal connector. The engine now can be shut off from the handlebars like intended. Thanks

Back