New HuaSheng 4-Stroke 49cc (G-8) lost power after about 1-2 hours

Harry Coddington

Local time
1:25 AM
Hi, I killed my old Bike Berry 49cc motor after about 2k miles and bought a new G-8 kit from King Bikes and it was incredible for about an hour or two. I live on a pretty steep hill in central Maine and this thing was pulling me up some pretty good inclines and I could barely keep up with it to help pedal, it was going so fast(uphill). I took it out the following morning and it was doing great until it just lost power badly. I can barely get it up a hill even helping pedaling it now and it was probably doing a good 28-30 with my 44 tooth stock sprocket and now I'm lucky if it'll hit 20mph on flat ground, with a tail wind...

I took the carburetor apart, cleaned out the jet, sprayed out the bowl and float and dried it out. Still acting like a pig.

Can anyone help me with this?

if your running a belt drive
Check the belt, every time i go up a big incline or many of them, i have belt stretch and then i gotta tighten the belt up some, because my belt will slip and i just can't keep power

Did you do your first oil change yet? Did you burn out your clutch? I've never had any issues with belt stretch.

you where the one that helped me find out my problem

because i made this video and showed it and showed the pics of the belt and this is was right after going up a nice incline, because it stretched the belt some and ate a few teeth off the belt

you where the one that helped me find out my problem

because i made this video and showed it and showed the pics of the belt and this is was right after going up a nice incline, because it stretched the belt some and ate a few teeth off the belt

I remember that lol, but thats a slipping belt from being slightly too loose to begin with. Not sure if this is his problem.

Thank you guys so much for getting back to me so quickly!! You both sound like you get it!

I did go up to the top of a local waterfall, so yes, I did go up an incline. I also did smell rubber like a belt or something that was burning, so I jumped off and walked it up so I didn't just grind it's face into it.

I did change the oil that first day I took it out for a 'break-in ride' and it was pretty dark and the viscosity seemed thinner than I expected(I'm not a pro about this by far). I replaced the oil and have driven it back and forth on my street for maybe 15 minutes total over three or four days).

I removed the carb yesterday(after just leaving it sit for over a week) and cleaned it after watching a video on YouTube, but that had absolutely no effect.

I do notice that if I lift the back tire off the ground and hit the throttle, it sounds like it's running strong, so maybe the clutch or belts could be the problem. I know absolutely nothing about this transmission and belt drive thing at all, so can you give me some instructions or post a link to a video that would help me?

I've got two other 'parts bikes', one with a blown motor I described before and another on a beach cruiser that I got T-boned by a freakin ambulance that hit me dead on the side and sent me sliding on my face across a parking lot, so I've got 2 older chain drive transmissions(I think are 10:44 ratio) as well as carburetors, but I think this carb is ok now, but the other two are just blown motors so the blocks/piston/cranks are the only parts that are shot.

Thank you, again, for your quick responses!

I really miss riding my bike and really want to get more time in this year if I can.

I found a video on how to install the 7G transmission that's almost like this except the clutch attachment is completely different.

The belt and transmission are both in perfect adjustment and I don't see a butt-load of black dust inside the cover, as well as all the little teeth on the belt still look brand-new. I'm kinda lucky this is a new kit because it's pretty clean to work on.

Anyone have a video or at least have any experience with this 8G(I know I initially posted G8, but I'm stupid), as it does differ from the 7?

The small pulley for the clutch looks pretty different than the 7G.

This is the video I found:

This is here on the forum.

Back