New Hyper Cruisers possible steel???

Thinking they are discontinued, not showing up on the manufacturer website or a Walmart search anymore and it didn't even have a location to put one to display in my local Walmart :(. There goes my dream of a dirt cheap, comfortable steel frame. I don't like the cranbrook/Huffy frame since the wheelbase is short and the front fork angle is too high so front tire hits your feet while turning lol.

Hyper was soooo comfortable for $99.

1544452211814-1500172942.jpglittle magnets,,
I'm always lucky lol.
they don't stock them tho. I think soon discontinued. hyper makes more off mtb's bcs they sell better

View attachment 85020little magnets,,
I'm always lucky lol.
they don't stock them tho. I think soon discontinued. hyper makes more off mtb's bcs they sell better
DAMN!!!!! My last one might have been steel then and I sold it a month ago :cry: Gonna ask him to stick a magnet to it and see if he will let me swap frames lol. It did 41mph with a stock triple40 with just cleaned up transfer ports and removing the ridge in the intake/exhaust ports.

I literally just last night paid for a frame locally to start my 4stroke build but would have gotten the Hyper instead if I was able to verify it was steel...

Roadmaster Granite Peak 26" mens?

f21a7d97-d6e4-4a4d-947e-32b5d8c11494_1.37619cb4cf4a00023fb81438c8d54c12.jpeg
Strong steel frame, think its rated to 280 or 300lb riders. In typical walmart fashion almost everything attached to it is trash - though the wheels are better than the Hypers.

I built one for a 280lb rider that used it as a daily commuter, he had over 600miles last I heard with no issues. Added only reliability and TQ mods...dual brake lever, eagle claw pads, CNC hub adapter w/ 46t sprocket, CNC throttle for reliability, supercharge CDI, and upped compression to 170psi. He added a more comfortable spring seat and a headlight. Bike rips with tons of TQ, can ride out wheelies easy as hell.

Crappy mock-up pic while installing the CNC throttle (wires werent ran cleanly yet, I snipped the zipties to install it)

I kept one as a cheap test bike as well to experiment with practicing porting and different mods on the Triple 40s.

The Granite Peak has better brakes, it's geared and it's only $90. And the engine fits the frame better I'll wager.

No-one should be using a coasterbrake single speed bike as a motorized conversion bike.

The Granite Peak has better brakes, it's geared and it's only $90. And the engine fits the frame better I'll wager.

No-one should be using a coasterbrake single speed bike as a motorized conversion bike.
Good point, the brakes are way better on the Granite Peak. For space though the Granite Peak has a very tight frame for the carb, so if you have the older style narrow front mount motors and don't mod the engine mounts you will either need an offset intake or a low profile filter. With the triple40s and wide front mount style case where you don't need the u-bolt, it fits better but still on the tight side. Also plug access is a pain.

The Hyper does have a standard front brake mount though so I always throw on a front brake with good brake pads. I agree you should never ever run just a coaster! For ~$30 its worth every penny to actually be able to stop from 30+mph. Coaster is sketchy at normal 15mph speeds - and it gets hot when you use it often at these motorized high speeds so if you didn't repack it with good quality grease the cheap crap will melt right out and ruin the whole hub.

Just to follow up with an old thread, I bought back my last Hyper build and verified that it is steel :). Keeping it for myself now and selling my current test bike.

Back