New in Wisconsin

Coy

Local time
9:03 AM
Owned a motorized bike for about a year. Know little but wanting to learn. Have used a basic Chinese set up and looking to improve upon it or try different set ups. Need brake advice. Coaster brake is trying to kill me. Glad to be here.

Welcome to crazy town, please keep your arms and legs in the ride at all times ;)

Ride Safe! :)

HP

Yeah, I tried 3 coaster brake hubs on my motorized bike, they all failed very quickly even when gently used. If you have a really nice coaster brake wheel like I have and you don't want to get rid of it, you can just take out the brake shoes and put it back together to convert it to a freewheel.

Last edited:
Coaster, drum, caliper, cantilever and v brake or disc brake. Do some research various requirements and costs

Owned a motorized bike for about a year. Know little but wanting to learn. Have used a basic Chinese set up and looking to improve upon it or try different set ups. Need brake advice. Coaster brake is trying to kill me. Glad to be here.
Where in Wisconsin?

I'm going to say go with rocket powered braking. You should try that. All these guys giving you off the shelf solutions, design a rocket powered braking system. Then post the results and schematics. Be the first!!

Back