New installation, how to get clutch to hold chain.

Andreoem

Local time
1:36 AM
Chain is spinning freely either direction without the clutch being pressed.

80cc bbr tuning.

Also: the chain is either too long or to short? One link less and i cant click the master link at this lenght its too loose.

Attachments

• 20210108_170012.jpg
    20210108_170012.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 120
Try moving your wheel all the way back in the rear drop outs.
Hi Chainsaw...Did you notice that his bike is a mult-speed derailer type on the pedal chain...What gear sprocket is it on etc. questions would apply here because where its at right now, he wont be able to drop the wheel back any further...I dont use multi-gear derailer types so maybe you would know the right questions as well as the gearing involved to accomplish what you have suggested to the OP...DAMIEN

Try moving your wheel all the way back in the rear drop outs.
Before i get to that because the chain could improve, however, the clutch is not holding it in place. What can i do so the clutch will actually lock the chain in place, where all i need to do is pull in the clutch to release it?

Hi Chainsaw...Did you notice that his bike is a mult-speed derailer type on the pedal chain...What gear sprocket is it on etc. questions would apply here because where its at right now, he wont be able to drop the wheel back any further...I dont use multi-gear derailer types so maybe you would know the right questions as well as the gearing involved to accomplish what you have suggested to the OP...DAMIEN
The chain on the right side is kept in tension with the derailleur, and it will just move with the wheel if he moves it back. The spring in the derailleur will just extend a bit.

Before i get to that because the chain could improve, however, the clutch is not holding it in place. What can i do so the clutch will actually lock the chain in place, where all i need to do is pull in the clutch to release it?
If you pull in the clutch, then the rear wheel should roll with the bike and no affect on the engine. If you let out the clutch then the wheel is locked to the wheel. On your clutch lever at the handlebar there should be a little lock out button, just pull the clutch in and push down on the button.

Hi Demian... I have the same as you with the single speed bike, two chains to steam over.

If you pull in the clutch, then the rear wheel should roll with the bike and no affect on the engine. If you let out the clutch then the wheel is locked to the wheel. On your clutch lever at the handlebar there should be a little lock out button, just pull the clutch in and push down on the button.
"If you let out the clutch then the wheel is locked to the wheel"
New kit, the wheel doesn't lock when the clutch is let out.

Back