New just a couple quick questions if someone will help plz

richw8384

Local time
12:28 AM
Would like to have a quick discussion with somebody knowledgeable to give me just a couple of quick pointers to keep me going

Good point hey,
Ok so I bought the bbr mag setup w the disc brakes and adapter,
I can't make everything fit because it's a pos kent seachange, so I was just going to eliminate the brake altogether and use sprocket, so just thoughts from there plz

How should the spacer be if needed at all
And will the brakes fit and I'm missing something?

Good point hey,
Ok so I bought the bbr mag setup w the disc brakes and adapter,
I can't make everything fit because it's a pos kent seachange, so I was just going to eliminate the brake altogether and use sprocket, so just thoughts from there plz
I will bet your talking about the disk rubbing against the rear portion of the frame interferring with the braking altogether because it seems to be just too narrow to fit the whole thing inbetween the drop downs.

How should the spacer be if needed at all
And will the brakes fit and I'm missing something?
I don't know if this is allowed or what,
But if u would be willing to call me I can break this down much simpler,it's not as bad as it sounds

I will bet your talking about the disk rubbing against the rear portion of the frame interferring with the braking altogether because it seems to be just too narrow to fit the whole thing inbetween the drop downs.
The caliper setup won't reach the disc ,and actually that could be also. But once I saw the distance I took it right off

I basically just want the mags with the sprocket, I'll deal w brakes later lol

I don't know if this is allowed or what,
But if u would be willing to call me I can break this down much simpler,it's not as bad as it sounds
Here below is how I was able to do this, that is if it's the problem I described in my previous post here.

I don't recommend this method on an aluminum frame because it would probably crack and break, but this is what i did on my Steel Frame Hyper Beach Cruiser to accomodate the rear sprocket and disk to fit within the dropouts and frame.

On my bike, (steel frame ONLY), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

It helps to have a buddy with a strong pair of hands to help in this proceedure like I did...lol.

The caliper setup won't reach the disc ,and actually that could be also. But once I saw the distance I took it right off
You will need a frame to caliper adaptor to make this part work.

Ps...With my bike, I made my own adapter to do this.

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I can see that working, but right now, how can I put the sprocket on the mag without the disc

Back