New kit, clutch does not disengage

Mitchg1995

Local time
10:15 AM
Just bought a flying horse kit off of wish and started installing the parts to my new bicycle.
The current problem I am facing is that the clutch will not disengage no matter how far back you pull the clutch arm, can anyone help me with this?

Sometimes the pads get stuck during shipping. You can take the clutch apart by removing the right side cover. Then on the big gear you will see a flower nut with a small screw in one of the notches. Mark the flower nut so you will be able to count the turns. Remove the small screw. Pull and lock the clutch lever. Press the pressure plate in then unscrew the flower nut counting the turns. Once the flower nut is off slowly remove the pressure plate, there is a spring behind it. Now you should be able to get to the pads. I clean them with brake or carb cleaner. Spray some on a rag and wipe the pads down as well as the pressure plate. This would be a good time to add some wheel bearing grease to the gears. Just a dab the size of a marble works. Reassembly is reverse.

OR, you can take the cover off, tap the pressure plate with a hammer and see if that works. :p

Back