New Kulana and BoyGoFast Build Thread

Problem is that I was not searching correctly...I was searching on Throttle Setup, Carb Setup...stuff is not always easy to find here...but I fixed it on my own via trial and error..

Thanks anyway, noobie! ;)
(I'm a noob, too)

Update on all issues with the bike

Well, finally all is good in the world!

I really love my bike. Here's a recent pic of the "Dog".

I just did a little inventory of estimated prices of what I have invested, and here's my list as best I can remember:

Motor Kit: $175 $175.00
Bike: $100 $100.00
Front cargo bag: $20 $20.00
Light: $20 $20.00
Upgraded Seat: $20 $20.00
Upgraded Kevlar Tires: $35 $35.00
No-More-Flats solid front tube: $20 $20.00
Heavy Duty Slime Tube (rear): $15 $15.00
Rear Rack: $35 $35.00
Rear Cargo Bag: $20 $20.00
pulley:$15 $15.00
speedometer: $20 $20.00
Upgrades Clutch Handle: $20 $20.00
Upgraded Handle for steering wheel: $10 $10.00
Tire Pump: $20 $20.00
Kickstand $25.00
Front Forks $52.00
Sprocket 40t $30.00

TOTAL: $652.00 as of 6/5/08

The last 2 items are in transit...can't wait.
The only other thing I want to change are my bags...the front one sucks. I want one from eBay I keep looking at for the rear, with the side bags as foldouts from the main bag if needed. Move the current one on the back with my tools back to the front. Also changed back to the Schwinn light...the cheapo stopped working, although it was good light.

I am really happy with this bike and the upgrades I put into it. I'm pretty much done, and I'm going to just enjoy it. 25mph is about the max speed I'll take it, and that's just fine! :)

Since my flats problems have been solved, I'm estimating savings in gas of over $200 already!

Attachments

• K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 310
Hey mark, looking good. What brand is that rear rack? I have a round gas tank from a tiller I ordered, and I want to mount it to the rear rack, and I havent seen any I like except yours?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Mister - search ebay for "Rear Bike Rack" - you'll see some nice deals with the rack and a nice bag as well. I'm looking for a rear bag - I hate the front one I have now... ton's of deals out there...

are you getting full throw at the carb ?

It feels more like "on/off" than a smooth throttle. Is this the correct amount that it turns? How do I get more throw for the throttle?
Mark

hey Mark
sounds like maybe your throttle is a little rinky dinky
guess the main thing would be
at the carb -- are you getting FULL THROW ?

ride that MB thing

Back