New little 4 stroke kit?

Seems pretty unessesary for it to be illegal to only go 10-15mph faster. We're talking about regular traffic speeds. Not even highway speeds. So they're saying it would be illegal to go the speed limit on a scooter. If someone knows how to ride a motorcycle and it is still 50cc but they don't have a class M, I don't think it should matter unless the thing goes 50 or more. Most people building motorized bikes don't have a class M. Some don't even have a class C, I have that though.

It's Oregon, it doesn't have to make sense.

Notice it was our recommendation that new owners obey these laws, most of the time they'd have the bike de-restricted and we'd just shrug our shoulders while they happily blasted about on their new 42 mph 'moped'. Even though a lot of these bikes were supposedly "30 mph" restricted they'd often times touch 35 without pulling the CVT ring or other power limiters.

Here's a bike we picked up in 2009, the Adly ThunderBike 50. Had a tachometer, low oil warning, and a hop up pipe kit and factory CDI and CVT weight upgrades.

a10456521-238-adly6.jpg

It was nearly 6 H.P. uncorked and good for over 45. it was faster off the line and lighter than the SYM Jet-Euro 50, which I'm told was the 50 tuner's bike of choice in Europe.

P.S. I seem to be hijacking my own thread..:p

Last edited:
When I first started out in Motorbicycling, I didn't even have a drivers license. That is the reason why I got into it. Now I have my motorcycle endorsement. My Honda Ruckus had a carb. and started up every time with no problem. My Yamaha Zuma 125 is fuel injected and it is a pain in the but to get started.

When I first started out in Motorbicycling, I didn't even have a drivers license. That is the reason why I got into it. Now I have my motorcycle endorsement. My Honda Ruckus had a carb. and started up every time with no problem. My Yamaha Zuma 125 is fuel injected and it is a pain in the but to get started.

You know that Yamaha had a recall on those because of a faulty fuel injection pump?

If you're the original owner, or it had it's warranty transferred to you with the sale, you could probably get a local Yamaha shop to fix your starting issue. That was one of the first signs of a problem with the injection pressure pump was difficult starting.

You know that Yamaha had a recall on those because of a faulty fuel injection pump?

If you're the original owner, or it had it's warranty transferred to you with the sale, you could probably get a local Yamaha shop to fix your starting issue. That was one of the first signs of a problem with the injection pressure pump was difficult starting.
I knew something wasn't right about it being hard to start a Yamaha. Nice catch.

Thanks for the heads up about the fuel pump. I've heard there was a recall on the fuel pump. It seems to be starting fine now. Weird. If you have picts of your GEBE build, I would love to see.

I bought my Honda Ruckus used and it was modified with a polini variator and a daytona kevlar belt. It went about 40-45 when I got it, but as I had it for a couple of years the top speed fell to about 30mph and I was holding up traffic. It was super reliable and fun to ride. I now have a Yamaha Zuma 125. It keeps up with traffic at no problem going about 55-60mph. But it is made in Taiwan and the Ruckus was a better machine because It was made in Japan. I'm getting back into MBing because I feel safer on the sidewalks going really slow on a MB than being on the road with my Zuma 125 with cars. With a Ruckus you don't need a Motorcycle endorsement or insurance. With a Zuma 125 you do.
I had a ruckus in ok. i was told I had to have a motorcycle endorsement on my license ,insurance,102 dollars a year to tag it so I sent it on down the road.+

Was it the big ruckus with the 250cc engine or just the standard ruckus with a 49cc engine? In Florida if it is under 50cc's all you need is a regular drivers license. If it is over 50cc you need motorcycle endorsement.

Was it the big ruckus with the 250cc engine or just the standard ruckus with a 49cc engine? In Florida if it is under 50cc's all you need is a regular drivers license. If it is over 50cc you need motorcycle endorsement.
It was the 49cc,I sold it to the sheriff of Logan co. In ar, he won't have to tag it or do anything,just enjoy it,Oklahoma is a crappy state if you want to have a scooter,even after jumping through all their hoop it's only allowed where you have a speed limit under 55.

You know what is an impressive 125cc scooter is the Taiwan made SYM HD125.

hd125.jpg

The 2008 year models were little streetfighters.

It would stomp any of our Genuine, TGB or Kymco 125~150 cc bikes. 67mph out of the box using GPS speed checking on flat and level with no wind if you tuck in a little. 16" motorcycle type wheels, 4 valve head and water cooling, and the water temperature never went above the second bar. Our shop's loaner I rode up to Reedsport and back in a 25 mph headwind at average of about 55 to 62. Return trip was much faster.

SYM’s are top notch. I owned a HD 125 and a CityCom 300i and I’ll tell you they were as good or better than most Honda’s at the time. Although my son owns a 2015 Honda PCX and that’s a pretty sweet scooter.

Back