New little 4 stroke kit?

LewieBike

Local time
10:27 PM
Noticed this bike engine kit coming up in my 'Others have bought' feed in Ebay..

s-l500.jpg

Has anyone tried this engine kit out? Seems to be a Honda GX31 clone of 33cc displacement mated to a 5:1 gear box with #41 sprockets and chain and a few weird looking mounting bits. not sure if this is a wheel mount or a rack mount. assist engine system. The little 33cc clone engine and gearbox are nice looking and come with better chain option to the normal pocketbike 8F chains.

It's a direct ship from Hong Kong and it's not clear what the seller means by clearing customs using a "gift" waiver on the shipment. Sounds like you possibly could be out $259 dollars while your kit languishes in an impound area in L.A.

A 30 cc 4 stroke, bet thats good on gas you should suggest this to the guy that wanted to use a weedwacker. Probably only goes 18-20mph. I have a 33cc 2 stroke chainsaw that I wanted to do something with. If I would do a build with this small of an engine it would probably be a zenoah.

They provide an extra wide crank so it would lead me to believe it is for a centermount, but they also mention a friction bike conversion, so that would be rear mount. All in all its vague enough to probably be used both ways. Customs won't impound your package, if they believe it is not a gift you just need to claim you didn't even know that that was a thing, and offer to pay whatever fee/tax needs being paid. You'll pay a tax based off the declared value if anything comes up but as long as you pay it there's no extra charge for the quasi-impoundingment.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of a GEBE install on one of my bikes right now, and it's going to use a Honda GX31, so the relatively low power isn't a turn off. This kit is highly attractive, I'm thinking it's probably worth experimenting with.

I'm in the middle of a GEBE install on one of my bikes right now, and it's going to use a Honda GX31, so the relatively low power isn't a turn off. This kit is highly attractive, I'm thinking it's probably worth experimenting with.
A Honda GX31 is a better engine than a Honda GX35. It is a Japan vs. Thiland thing.

But they're both Hondas? are you saying the gx35 is made in Thailand? I thought all Hondas are made in Japan. I personally think any Honda is better than a chinese motor the Japanese have way better tolerances and quality control and better metal.

The more you know but is it made to Japanese specs and tolerances and good material? they have a whole waste reduction system in the manufacturing industry in Japan I learned that in machining class.

I'm not sure why Honda moved to Thailand on the GX35, maybe for cost reduction, I still think the Honda GXH50 is made in Japan. I had a Honda Ruckus 50cc and it was made in Japan.

Back