New Mag Wheels- Are they warped?

Risk Man

Local time
9:18 PM
So I got my mag wheels from CDH yesterday. One week shipping. The box was pretty beat up from UPS. Zip ties broken except for one, styrofoam loose in the box, axle hardware out of the bag and loose in the box with one front wheel clip missing. So I put the axels in to test the roundness on my makeshift stand and both of them are as much as 3/16 inch wobble... is this normal? Did they get bent in shipping? what is the specification for "True Wheels"? I really don't know as I have never worried about my fitness bike wheels... they look straight when I ride, but never take them off to check them.

Attachments

• IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1826.JPG
    IMG_1826.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 138
So I got my mag wheels from CDH yesterday.....
This is one of the reasons why i always stress the reasons why i go with the 3 spoke mags, not the multi spoke mags...because the three spoke ones have broader, more expansive contact points with the rim versus the thinner, less expansive contact points to the rim of the multi spoked models that have a known track record of cracking and breaking at their thinner contact points to the rim...as well as a possible warping factor...The three spokers are built stronger...Just saying...DAMIEN

Also read the link provided below:

Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg

I’ve usually read good things about CDH and my limited purchases have been packaged well for shipping.
I don’t like the idea of the rims tywrapped together with a layer or two of foam paper separation and foam blocks at odd ends in the box. These rims are two big aluminum hoops. They could get bent with banging around packaged this way.

This is one of the reasons why i always stress the reasons why i go with the 3 spoke mags, not the multi spoke mags...because the three spoke ones have broader, more expansive contact points with the rim versus the thinner, less expansive contact points to the rim of the multi spoked models that have a known track record of cracking and breaking at their thinner contact points to the rim...as well as a possible warping factor...The three spokers are built stronger...Just saying...DAMIEN

View attachment 164112View attachment 164113
Nobody had them in stock ... BS berry is only one showing any hope of getting them. Agreed.

These break, not bend. I guess it is "possible" to bend, but more than likely, they will break.

Same with your bike frame and why people recommend using steel frames. Steel is more forgiving and will bend, aluminum and other stuff breaks.
The aluminum work hardens from the vibration resulting in cracks or breaks in the aluminum.

Back