New Member, as in REAL new

Mud Pie

Local time
11:27 AM
Hello everyone,

The reason for my REAL new comment is; I haven't even taken possession of my engine kit yet ! I ordered it on Monday, hopefully it'll be here soon. I know I'll have tons of questions, I'll try to use the search feature before I annoy anyone with a new-to-me problem, but well known to everyone else.

Newer the better. Do some reading on this site to make your installation go smoother.

quick comment

About your tips....when you inspect the cylinder make note that you will need a tool or zip ties to press the cylinder back on the piston....huge pain the arse... I just got my engine and in my haste to do the job I broke a piston ring fiddling with it.
Waiting now for new piston rings and some zip ties...

No need in zip ties. Insert the piston in from the bottom of the cylinder. With 1 hand hold the rings in place and tap the bottom of the piston so the first (top) ring enters the cylinder, then go for the next. The bottom of the cylinder is beveled out. Make sure the rings are seated in the piston correctly. That's whats nice about the cut away in the piston skirt, you have access using your fingers.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Last edited:
Back