New member bike pic

Just entered my intro today. I am posting a pic of one of my bikes. I have enjoyed seeing all the other bikes on this site. I have not ridden this one yet. I plan a debug ride this Saturday. As hot as it has been here, I think the sidecar passenger will be a cooler.

Thanks
John

Attachments

• motorb.jpg
    motorb.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 936
yes...looked at your bucket pics. cool.
the oops pic....
the one with the mangled front wheel & fender.
was anyone hurt??
Is this bike a huffy?
tell us about it....

Oops Photo

That was the first bike I built. I assembled everything and could not wait to see how it performed. I got in too much of a hurry and did not check everything. The fender vibrated loose, The bottom fender brace twisted into the wheel like a turnicate. I was lucky though. I had just been on the road full throtle. This happened as I was pulling back into the parking lot at my shop. Nethier the bike or myself every went down, just a real quick stop.

Interior and finished Pictures

I will try to get some better pics this weekend.

augidog- I have read the link on your signature, searched and read all related post. I still do not know how to make my photos show up larger. This site is the easiest I have seen for post pics. I just can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Sorry to ask, I tried.

Thanks

the 2M limit seems to be your barrier (i tried to paste a url from your photobucket & was stopped because it was 4M)...can you resize locally to 1024 X 768 before uploading? i'm trying to help, but i'm no graphics wiz...all mine are under the size limit so i never have a problem.

Well I found the problem. The photos I am trying to post will not open on my computer any larger that they do on the site. It has something to do with the way I saved them. I will get some new pics this weekend and retry. The upload displayed exactly what I have on my PC. Thank you for all your help.

Pics I'd like to see

Hey while your taking pics I would like to see some detail of the connections from the car to the bike. The rear sections look cooler and cleaner than mine (old school creation)! Does is still give the proper stability between the two? Is the first car you"ve built? The olny surprise that jumped on me was the first time I rolled mine into to street and tried to ride it. I did not think about the crown in the street vs. a flat shop floor until I sat on it and I felt like I was going to fall off it was leaning so bad. I added an adjustment at the seat to correct the problem. There are some detial pics of that in the tech gallery. My wife is the director of our local Boys and Girls Club and have carried to the club and ridden kids in the car around the parking lot and had a blast. Couldn't have done that without that adjustment. Well I could've but you know! How do they do it on Motorcycles?

Lynn

Yes, this is the first sidecar for me. I have not taken it on the road yet, just the parking lot of my shop. It seams very stable. I think a lot of that is attributed to the use of the OCC chopper rear section. I want a spindle mounted wheel on my next, but I had stability problems when I tried it. I will get some pics and start a post in the tech area. I like the your tanks, There firehouse isn't missing any inventory are they?

Missing inventory

Yes, this is the first sidecar for me. I have not taken it on the road yet, just the parking lot of my shop. It seams very stable. I think a lot of that is attributed to the use of the OCC chopper rear section. I want a spindle mounted wheel on my next, but I had stability problems when I tried it. I will get some pics and start a post in the tech area. I like the your tanks, There firehouse isn't missing any inventory are they?

Thats funny! No, had one already had to search Ebay for a couple of months to find one that matched.

Back