New member - DaveP in Ohio

dcpyatt

Local time
8:37 PM
Hi, my username is dcpyatt, but I am DaveP in Ohio... my son is building an Ocean Pacific Roller beach cruiser, which we are hoping we can get licensed here in Ohio.

We are looking to go with a 4-stroke "4G T Belt Drive Engine Kit" if they ever become available anywhere again!

DaveP in Ohio
dcpyatt@jclay.com

I probably will want one, I have the perfect '50's Roadmaster frame for one. I already have a '04 Triumph that only has 2600 miles on it... I didn't get out to ride at all last year. There's a '82 Suzuki and a '69 Honda CM91 Motorbike sitting in the garage too, besides the wife's bike and a few project '60's Honda motorbikes. I've been a licensed motorcyclist for the past 24 years.

We're thinking if we can't get in under the 1HP Ohio limit for motorized bicycle and have to license it as a motorcycle that we might as well flog it and make it a beast... he saw the little (I assume) Italian 11HP 49cc racing motors... not cheap but very interesting!

My son also saw what looks like a shop popping up in town, there is a bike with a motor sitting on their roof, a springer fork attached to the wall by the door and has been several bikes parked out front occasionally. I am going to stop in, but I'm betting that they are going to plead ignorance to them needing licensed and insured...

DaveP in Ohio
waiting for word on how to properly license in the Buckeye State

Back